Author Topic: 1910 Census for Massachusetts Lookup Please.  (Read 321 times)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
1910 Census for Massachusetts Lookup Please.
« on: Tuesday 05 July 22 17:53 BST (UK) »

I’m looking for Catherine Kean, born Hulme, Manchester 1885, who traveled out to Massachusetts from England in 1910.

She was working as a Servant in Bury, Lancashire on the 1901 Census, Ref: RG13 Piece 3637 Folio 53 Page 43.

I’d expect her to be working as a Servant in Massachusetts on the 1910 Census, but I can’t find her.

I know that she married Herbert Johnson in Massachusetts in 1911, but she returned (alone) to England in 1912, and Died in Burnley Hospital in May1913, aged 28 years.

Cheers, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: 1910 Census for Massachusetts Lookup Please.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 July 22 17:56 BST (UK) »
US censuses are available on Family Search

https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/1727033

who traveled out to Massachusetts from England in 1910.
What date in 1910 did she travel?  It may have been after the census was taken
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 July 22 18:05 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Carole,

I used your Link and found her! I don’t know what I was doing wrong before, but I couldn’t find her.

I’m wondering if her employer has been wrongly transcribed though? It says Clementina Butter, but I think she might be Clementina Butler, married to William Butler?

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 July 22 18:38 BST (UK) »

I’m wondering if her employer has been wrongly transcribed though? It says Clementina Butter, but I think she might be Clementina Butler, married to William Butler?

Yep

The Boston Globe
Boston, Massachusetts
13 Sep 1913, Sat  •  Page 16

Death: https://www.newspapers.com/clip/26190651/notice-of-clementina-butlers-death/

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 July 22 18:54 BST (UK) »

Gosh! Many thanks indeed RJ137.

I suspect that Catherine Kean was related to these Butler’s. Catherine’s Father, Richard Kean, born Manchester in 1860 was the son of Richard Kean and Frances Butler. Frances Butler was the daughter of Patrick Butler, and I suspect that William Butler was his brother.

Romilly.
Researching: