Author Topic: WILSON - Marple, Derbyshire  (Read 1171 times)

Offline RickB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
WILSON - Marple, Derbyshire
« on: Monday 05 September 05 12:20 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am seeking the decendents of a JOHN GUY WILSON.

Amongst his children I have traced a daughter.

EDITH L WILSON was born abt. 1864 in Manchester, Lancashire, England. She is listed in Marple (civil parish) Derbyshire in the 1901 Census, staying as a niece to a GERTRUDE VERITY.

I am unsure if EDITH then remained in Derbyshire or returned to manchester or had any children/marrage, any information would be much appreciated.

Rick

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Re: WILSON - Marple, Derbyshire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 October 05 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Rick

I have had a quick look for marriages 1901-1910 and cant find anything solid.  I noticed that on the 1901 census Mary Verity is her aunt and Gertrude Verity is her cousin.  Did John Guy have any sisters named Mary who could have married a Verity - Do you Know who John Guy married as Mary could also be his wife's sister.  Have you traced John Guy as far back as you can or do you not have access to census records?

The more information you can give us the better - you never know who can look under stones you havent turned yet!

Cheers
Jan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!