Author Topic: Emily Eliza Wiles b. 1884 Hackney  (Read 202 times)

Offline bethanyyd96

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Emily Eliza Wiles b. 1884 Hackney
« on: Thursday 21 July 22 10:29 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I'm looking for information for Emily Eliza Wiles born 1884 in Hackney. Her parents are Jane Margaret Stannard and Stephen Joseph Wiles.

I have her on the 1891 census with her family and in 1901 with her mother, step-father and siblings.

There is one person that keeps popping up when I'm researching Emily and that's of an Emily Maria Wiles who married Bertram William Tuft Norman in 1905. However, I cannot find Emily Maria's birth record or anything before the marriage so I'm inclined to think these two are the same person. The birth date and place match up. A family tree on FamilySearch has Emily Marie instead of Emily Eliza.

Does anyone have access to the marriage record? I want to see if the father's names match up.

Thanks in advance

Bethany

Bolingbroke (Norfolk & Suffolk) Chittleburgh (Yorkshire & Norfolk) Dawson (Essex & Hertfordshire) Donkin (Newcastle & Durham) Gregg (Lancashire & Cumbria) Johnson (Lancashire) Spalding (Norfolk) Stannard - (Essex & Norfolk)

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Emily Eliza Wiles b. 1884 Hackney
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 July 22 10:44 BST (UK) »
They do. Stephen Joseph Wiles

Index only though. Source details.

Marriage Register; Service of Church: Registers of Marriages; Registers; Leyton, St Mary the Virgin (Digital Images Only); Waltham Forest Archives (Digital Images Only);1905-1911

Offline bethanyyd96

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 July 22 10:50 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much, they must be the same person then.
Bolingbroke (Norfolk & Suffolk) Chittleburgh (Yorkshire & Norfolk) Dawson (Essex & Hertfordshire) Donkin (Newcastle & Durham) Gregg (Lancashire & Cumbria) Johnson (Lancashire) Spalding (Norfolk) Stannard - (Essex & Norfolk)

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 July 22 10:51 BST (UK) »
Yes, Ancestry has the transcription - Emily's father is Stephen Joseph WILES. Married 26 Dec 1905, her age 22.

Added: you beat me to it mckha!

Offline Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 21 July 22 10:52 BST (UK) »
They were married at Leyton in Essex on 26 Dec 1905. Her father listed as Stephen Joseph WILES. On Ancestry with link to Essex PRs.

She was baptised at St James the Great Bethnal Green on 13 Apr 1884 as Emily Eliza, parents Stephen Joseph and Jane Margaret WILES, born 12 Mar.

This would fit with the following birth registration
Wiles, Emily Eliza, GRO Reference: 1884  J Quarter in HACKNEY  Volume 01B  Page 596 mmn STANNARD

Ian C
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bethanyyd96

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 21 July 22 11:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you everyone for your replies. I wonder why she changed her name?

Bethany