Author Topic: DNA & STILL A BRICK WALL  (Read 6482 times)

Offline dwelch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DNA & STILL A BRICK WALL
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 28 July 22 20:20 BST (UK) »
My Dear Ladies!
It is afternoon here is South Dakota.  This evening I will send as much info as I can find to you.
One thing you must know, "Elmo" was Edward.  It was a census error as usual.  We were never sure about Bridget's parents.  Although DNA carries me thru to at least her mother.

https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-geneticfamily/thrulines/6D9FC415-4A44-4D50-9F2B-C53EA88F2067?filterBy=all

Bridget is buried in Manchester Iowa next to her daughter Mary Welch Hynes who also died of TB.
Bridget was staying with Edward in Westfield IA when she died and she was shipped to Manchester, the county seat of Delaware Co.  Years and years ago a lady from the Delaware Co. Historical Society scoured the courthouse for Welch's.  This was over 40 yrs ago!  I thought what she sent wasn't relevant at the time.  They may be now, but are long gone.
The Bridget you see as John's daughter is ELLEN Bridget Welch Faust.  And yes I have a sister named Ellen!
I will send all that I can find tonight!

Offline dwelch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 28 July 22 20:33 BST (UK) »
I cannot post pertinent information here. 

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 28 July 22 21:05 BST (UK) »
Deb, personal email addresses aren't allowed on RootsChat. You can remove it by using "Modify" above your post.
RootsChat members can share private information by the Personal Message function. New members have to make a certain number of posts before the function becomes operational. You have made enough posts now so you can use the personal message function.

The Walsh surname is common throughout Ireland. It might also be Welsh, Breathnach or Branagh. 
My Walsh GGM lived in Mayo.

Cowban

Offline dwelch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 29 July 22 04:33 BST (UK) »
How do I do a personal message?  Perhaps I can use the "Attachments" option!  I will try

Offline dwelch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 29 July 22 05:48 BST (UK) »
Ok, I'm done I guess.  I've tried sending attachments through here that would really help in the search, but it won't let me.
I have trouble with deep depression and have had all of my life.  Since having lost my brother in Jan, I cry over the littlest things.
I can only send the things I need you to see through email.  I'm sorry.

Offline dwelch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 29 July 22 05:55 BST (UK) »
I must have accidently figured something out.

Online Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 29 July 22 07:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Deb, I’m sorry to hear about your sad year.  Losing family members can be so difficult; I lost my mum two years ago. My deepest condolences go out to you.  Life is made even more difficult during these strange times in America and of course around the world.  I try to get through things by taking one day at a time which seems to work most of the time.

I have not yet acclimated to hot summers (we moved here just before my mum passed away) and it is still very warm in the house (82° at 11:00 pm).  I will take a look at your latest details tomorrow.  It’s just too hot to think right now.

PS. Technology gets the better of me; I understand very well how frustrating it can be to try to do something with electronics.  ;).
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 29 July 22 13:40 BST (UK) »
How do I do a personal message?  Perhaps I can use the "Attachments" option!  I will try

2 ways.
1. Click on the "View Profile" icon (the one which resembles a head & shoulders) for the person to whom you want to send a message. This will take you to that person's profile page. Select option "Send personal message" from the menu on that page. A box will appear in which you can type your message.
2. Click on the "Personal Message" icon, next to the "View Profile" icon, then compose, type and send your message.
Cowban

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 29 July 22 14:19 BST (UK) »
I must have accidently figured something out.

Those baptisms were in Maryborough parish, County Laois (called Queen's County at the time), Kildare & Leighlin diocese.
Catholic Registers at National Library of Ireland
Baptism of Nicholas Walsh Feb. 1827
https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000634501#page/9/mode/1up
Scroll back for 1826 baptisms or select 1826 and relevant months from filter tab.

Is there any other evidence which links your Walsh or Hennessey families to that parish or to County Laois/Queen's County?
Many Catholic parishes in Ireland don't have registers from that era. 
Cowban