Author Topic: Unable to Find G Grandfather John Welch/Walsh Birthplace  (Read 6237 times)

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to Find G Grandfather John Welch/Walsh Birthplace
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 August 22 06:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Deb,
This is a closed Facebook site.  Could you please copy and paste the information, or summarise it please and that will mean we don't all have to try and join this private site. 
Thanks

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 August 22 15:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Deb,
This is a closed Facebook site.  Could you please copy and paste the information, or summarise it please and that will mean we don't all have to try and join this private site. 
Thanks

Summarising it might be best. I looked at the site but couldn't access any posts. One of the group's rules is not sharing information. I tried to join as I have a Walsh ancestor. The joining page asked for my GEDmatch number but I don't have one so I can't join.
Cowban

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 August 22 15:26 BST (UK) »
I have found a copy of Edward's death certificate through the computer but am unable to send as it is too big.  I don't know how to fix that.
The informant of the death certificate is Edward's son, William.
He has Edward's birthplace as New York.
He has John & Bridget's birthplace as Ireland.

For the benefit of anyone new to this topic, Edward was the eldest known child of John & Bridget.
Information on Deb's first thread https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=864368 has conflicting information about Edward's place of birth. Replies #12, 31, 37, 38, 39, 40, 42, 43, 45.

Are you able to post the death certificate in more than 1 piece? That's what people usually do for big documents. If you can't do that, you could summarise relevant information.

Cowban