Author Topic: Diary Summary week ending 7th August  (Read 4432 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Summary week ending 7th August
« Reply #81 on: Sunday 07 August 22 18:56 BST (UK) »
I used to have a Moped, we lived far from shops and my OH would phone and say he was bringing a business contact home for dinner!

So a quick dash to the Supermarket with little girl in a seat with leg protection.
OK in flat Flanders. In hilly Ramsbottom it struggled,did have pedal boost but really hard up steep hills.

I loved it though in Belgium it gave me freedom to explore and visit friends.
There were cycle paths so not in the main traffic , below certain power you could ride on those.
Viktoria.

Online brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Sunday 07 August 22 19:05 BST (UK) »
Happy national sisters day everyone ...it could just be Britain it was sisters day on 4th in Sweden and it's brother sister day on 11th in Sikh religion

Gibel so sorry to hear about your accident
I've been thinking of getting an electric scooter for a while .young neighbours let me try theirs and not only was it terrifyingly fast but also I couldn't lift it when folded
So I LL go for the push variety it will still get me places faster quieiter and good for environment and if I get tired or dizzy I can fold put over shoulder and go on bus . I'm annoyed that the bus pass age has risen again 65 I think .
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Sunday 07 August 22 19:33 BST (UK) »
Just to say everyone it was an electric bike (ebike) not an electric scooter that hit my rollator and flung me to the ground.