Author Topic: Diary Summary week ending 7th August  (Read 4442 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Diary Summary week ending 7th August
« on: Monday 01 August 22 08:01 BST (UK) »
I thought I’d start off this new week as I’ve not been around for a while…

Another month begins …. Where has this year gone ..
A warm day again with no rain on the horizon for my area… we had a few drips yesterday which did wet the soil and patio but soon dried up!

Today I’m going with some friends to Ely Cathedral, I’ve been before, but we’re going to see an exhibition of ‘Gowns & Crowns’ from major films and tv that have been filmed in some of UK’s majestic Cathedrals.

Last week we had my daughter and grandsons to stay for the week, we had a great time with lots of fun and laughter and we were on the go the whole time!
Whilst we love having them here returning to our normal peace and quiet life was joyful!

Hope everyone has a good week and I look forward to catching up again.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Summary week ending 7th August
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 August 22 08:58 BST (UK) »

That sounds like a very enjoyable trip to come Caroline; hope you will tell us more about the exhibition after you have been.  Glad to hear that you had such an joyful time with daughter and Grandchildren when they came for a stay recently too!

I don't always manage to keep up but belatedly just want to comment that it must have felt quite magical when you got to see a Mother and baby sparrow so close up recently, Robarb.  Such a thing doesn't happen very often and it does feel special when it does. :D  I will never forget the time when a little robin put in appearances at the bus station and another time when a lovely little fox walked by me in the street and I wrote about both events on here.  This type of unexpected closeness to nature can really brighten the day and is something we never forget.

Yesterday, I felt extremely fatigued.  I went to Church.  A bus was approaching as I neared the stop but I had no energy to even attempt running so caught the next one.
When I got there I had to sit near the front again as there weren't many seats left to choose from.
Usually, everyone stays and chats after the service but I couldn't summon any energy to be social so I  headed to the toilet area and then just quietly slipped out through a side exit.
Bought a few food items at a shop.
Fell asleep for a few hours in the afternoon.
Feeling a little better today but still drained.  Will have to pull myself round as I have a run of nightshifts coming up midweek.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 August 22 10:49 BST (UK) »
You've certainly had a busy time Caroline, good to hear you enjoyed it so much. The trip to Ely cathedral sounds fascinating, looking forward to hearing about it.

Sorry to hear you're feeling so wiped out RTL, perhaps it's been triggered by your getting stressed by the situation with the seagulls. It's amazing how much your mind can take things out on your body. I hope you soon feel better.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 August 22 12:52 BST (UK) »
RTl
Are you sure you are fully recovered  from covid, my neighbour normally a strong person isolated  for 14  days, came out on Wednesday and is very lethargic, not like her at all, do  you  need some sort of tonic?
You have,   apart from covid had a few stressful  days, so  look after  yourself

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 August 22 16:03 BST (UK) »
Roobarb and LM, I'm not sure exactly what the cause is; work is very tiring at the moment, so that might be it.  On Saturday I was up at 5 am because I had an early start time.  I had been awake long before that though because the gulls are quite noisy.
By tea time, I had a feeling of going into a slump and just kept telling myself to keep going and it wouldn't be long till home time.  Thought I would feel better after sleep but felt so drained and exhausted on Sunday.  I did consider not going to Church but then thought I would probably regret not going later if I didn't go.  The greeter on the door said she would find a seat for me near the front and asked if I would like to sit next to "Ruth".  I said "Yes" but felt in a bit of a fug about who 'Ruth' might be although I knew her once I saw her.  I almost felt like I was sleepwalking yesterday.
Shame I was very unsociable afterwards and just slipped out.  The prospect of conversation just felt like too much effort and I had a feeling of having nothing left to give - overly dramatic as that sounds, but I did feel quite depleted.  Hopefully I can make up for it next time I can go.
Fell asleep yesterday afternoon.
I have wondered if it is an after effect of covid but I have never heard of anyone being reasonably alright energy wise then getting an after effect of being wiped out exhausted a few weeks later.  ??? 
Thankfully, I am not back at work until Wednesday night so hopefully will pick up a bit more stamina  by then.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 01 August 22 17:19 BST (UK) »
Although I haven't  succumbed  to Covid i believe it affects people  in different ways, as I said my neighbour and a friend were very tired afterwards and don't forget  you have returned to full-time work
One friend who had it last week is out and about already, I have made up my mind I will  not see her for 2  more weeks, I am  not taking any chances.
Everyone is quiet today.
Not everyone is registering they have covid on the NHS site so the true figures out there are not represented

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 01 August 22 18:43 BST (UK) »
It certainly is the gift that keeps on giving.  :( I suffered badly with post Covid fatigue but that was immediately afterwards. Although I recovered my sense of taste and smell after three months it's only recently that I've been experiencing distortion of smell and taste, apparently it's quite common for it to develop later but like you RTL, I haven't heard of such a thing with the fatigue. But who knows, it's certainly a strange beast.

LM, you can only report test results to the NHS if you've used one of their tests, if you've bought one elsewhere you can't report it to the NHS. The statistics are no longer compiled from that data, the Office for National Statistics calculates them from the results submitted by volunteers who regularly test. That gives them a picture of the levels by population.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 01 August 22 21:20 BST (UK) »
I am  not  getting any  notification of replies,  only checking by going into forum

What have I done?

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 01 August 22 21:29 BST (UK) »
Have not been on this board for a while.
I return with bad news.
On July the 12th my family were called to Waikato Hospital to be told my youngest son had 1 maybe 2 weeks of his life left.
This came as a shock as we were under the impression he was in remission. He had not been in remission since January and did not want the family to know.
P passed away 2 weeks later at Hospice. (26 July). He was only 35yrs young.
His funeral was held on Saturday 30th.
Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.