Author Topic: Hall House Pytchley 1822  (Read 1085 times)

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hall House Pytchley 1822
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 11 August 22 18:51 BST (UK) »
Kay99,
Magic!

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 11 August 22 19:07 BST (UK) »
William Garrett is an unusual name and did spot -
Police Gazette, or the Hue and Cry (London), 14 Nov 1829

Queen's Square Office
John Ryan, on re-examination, with stealing one hat, the property of John Raggett; and one hat, the property of William Raggett - Comitted to Tothill Fields, Bridewell** for trial

** located in the Westminster area

Tried to check for John Ryan committing this offence 1829 on FindMyPast prison Registers in case his record/s added to the chase but too many, by far, to chase under that name.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 12 August 22 02:19 BST (UK) »

I just need to establish that it is one and the same william that was born to James and Mary raggett in Frensham Surrey. I cannot find a baptism for him

I might be missing something, but wondering if you haven't found a baptism why do you think his parents were James and Mary?

There is this baptism in All Saints, Headley on 14 Oct 1787: "William a natural son of Ann Ragget bap'd.  Received parish aid"

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 12 August 22 02:29 BST (UK) »
I don't think there are any clues on the marriage to ann Baulcombe- unless anyone can find Banns or Licence documents!

You've probably seen the parish register and bishop's transcript already. They were married by banns, both could sign and were both otp. Witnesses were George BENGOUGH and Ann STONE.

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 12 August 22 02:30 BST (UK) »
Northampton Mercury, 24 Aug 1811
Another auction
"On Thursday, 12th Day of September, at the Hall House of Mr J White, at Pytchley ..."

Northampton Mercury 04 February 1815

Inquest on the death of Ann White age 6 who died in a fire - "the  deceased was the daughter of Jonathan White who keeps the Pytchley Hunt House"

Kay

Just to clarify - the child died at home at Pytchley not in the Dover St fire which was 30 years later.  With  a new comp having problems doing images of small enough size to post  :-\

Kay

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 12 August 22 06:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you all. William is apptd exor in tbe Will of his mother mary in 1837 along with his younger brother henry who i gave researched fully. Parents james and mary married in frensham in 1783 and the age of william in the dover street fire tallies with theyr of their narriage which makes him a good contender. Endless searches of william raggett on later censuses from 1851 onwards have been researchex, none if which meet known criteria. Just somehow need to find a single track of him going from frensham to london and then to pytchley somewhere around 1800. His brother henrytravelled from surrey to jersey as a stonemason and builder at the turn of the centurybefore returning to settle in weymouth so the brothers were not averse to travvel for work. Just sad that william diedin 1845 so not on any later censuses after 1841.
Caroline

Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 12 August 22 09:14 BST (UK) »
Have you ruled out the William, bap 12 Oct 1783, Coleorton, Leicestershire, parents James and Mary Raggett?

It's so difficult to establish links given the paucity of information in baptismal registers.

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 12 August 22 10:05 BST (UK) »
Not yet xx
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 12 August 22 10:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you all. William is apptd exor in tbe Will of his mother mary in 1837 along with his younger brother henry who i gave researched fully. Parents james and mary married in frensham in 1783 and the age of william in the dover street fire tallies with theyr of their narriage which makes him a good contender. Endless searches of william raggett on later censuses from 1851 onwards have been researchex, none if which meet known criteria. Just somehow need to find a single track of him going from frensham to london and then to pytchley somewhere around 1800. His brother henrytravelled from surrey to jersey as a stonemason and builder at the turn of the centurybefore returning to settle in weymouth so the brothers were not averse to travvel for work. Just sad that william diedin 1845 so not on any later censuses after 1841.
Caroline

That makes sense.  :)

There is a baptism at Frensham, of course there is an ink blot over the name, to James and Mary RAGGETT on 14 Feb 1796 (I think).  Does this relate to the other children? I see in the will there is William and Henry, Reuben and Thomas and Mary and Hannah. I can see Henry's baptism on 5 Jan 1794. I guess as Mary mentions William first he may be older?
https://imgur.com/a/xQFCBUi