Author Topic: Hall House Pytchley 1822  (Read 1090 times)

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
Re: Hall House Pytchley 1822
« Reply #36 on: Friday 12 August 22 11:37 BST (UK) »
Looking at the parish register for Frensham, I can see the following baptisms:

16 June 1787  Mary Ann
28 Mar  1789  James
27 Jan 1792  Thomas
5 Jan 1794  Henry
14 Feb 1796  ??
22 Oct 1797  Elizabeth
29 Dec 1799  Reuben
9 Aug 1801  Thomas

Can't see any earlier baptisms at Frensham, and the missing name could possibly be Hannah. Doesn't help to find William.  :-\

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 12 August 22 11:43 BST (UK) »
Yes - Sadly the faint name in 1896 does look like Hannah

Kay

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 12 August 22 11:57 BST (UK) »
James Raggett married a Mary Elverson. A William Raggett was born in Coleorton, 12 Oct 1783, parents James and Mary

FindMyPast Baptisms
Mary Elverson, 15 Feb 1757, place Coleorton, parents William and Elizabeth.

Possible link?

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 12 August 22 12:02 BST (UK) »
Yes I have all of that - and the issue is finding any record whatsoever of William! I have seen the Frensham baptism registers and looked so carefully. Al the indicators are there that the Dover Street William Raggett is the same William previously in Pytchley prior to being in Middlesex when he was around 16-18- but trying to locate just something that takes him on this route from frensham to Middlesex to Pytchley then back to London and Dover street=- that is the one thing I now need to clinch this amazing family story. The Raggett Elverson marriage is william's parents. i have just completed a 70 page research doc on the Raggett family- and the only definitive one missing is the elusive William, eldest son of James Raggett and Mary Elverson. Almost there!
Thank you to you all - please do not worry about looking for any siblings etc- i have it! Just needing to find a shred of evidence to trace William xx
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 12 August 22 12:30 BST (UK) »
James Raggett married a Mary Elverson. A William Raggett was born in Coleorton, 12 Oct 1783, parents James and Mary

FindMyPast Baptisms

Possible link?

I think you may well be right hans tuela - Mary Elverson was born in Coleorton, Leics in  1757 and she and husband William  took the first child to be baptised in her home parish - Some of my relatives did the same thing

Kay

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 12 August 22 12:37 BST (UK) »
Oh my goodness this is very exciting!!! I will look at coleorton after lunch xx massive thanks!!!! Xx
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 12 August 22 12:38 BST (UK) »
That's how I read it - a common practice.
There were 3 Mary Elversons born around that time in Leicester - 1 in Coleorton (Mary Raggett's burial puts her YoB as 1759).
Have been trying to "eliminate" the other 2 from the frame. Found 1 possible death and 1 possible marriage.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 13 August 22 10:22 BST (UK) »

FindMyPast Baptisms

Possible link?

That does look very promising, well done hanes teulu! I have a similar baptism in my tree, not sure if it was just the baby being taken back "home" for the baptism or if the mother returned to her family for the birth - either could be correct.  :D

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 13 August 22 13:50 BST (UK) »
Thank you all so very very much- to find the baptism of william raggett in Coleorton was a stroke of genius and I will carry on now trying to work out his journey from living with his parents in Frensham to a marriage in London in 1806 to raising a family in Pytchley to returning to London around 1830- this does tie in with the demolition of Pytchley Hall House in 1828 and the relocation of the Pytchley Hunt meeting house- so really hoping my conundrum is being worked out!
I cannot thank all of you enough!