Author Topic: King  (Read 335 times)

Offline Susan Smith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
King
« on: Tuesday 02 August 22 18:09 BST (UK) »
Hi,  can anyone help me please,  sorry cannot get a snap shot on here,  not good at computer lol.

I have been looking for the births of the children on GRO,  but not had any luck other than Robert King, I have the Birth Cert for him now,  I am trying to confirm that the others mother was stated as Smith as is Robert.

www.ancestry.co.uk/imageviewer/collections/2352/images/rg14_03129_0079_03?pId=41640949

I hope someone can through some light on it,  Lots of trees have Edith Wife of John as Edith Sharp, but as you can see by Roberts Birth Cert it is Edith Smith which makes more sense as believe his Grandfathers sister was Edith Smith.  Fingers crossed.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: King
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 August 22 18:21 BST (UK) »
Apart from the 1911 entry - there is nothing else in your post.  What you appear to be saying is that you have Robert's birth cert & his mother is Edith nee Smith

The only Edith King birth in Surrey in 1911 is Edith Christie King who appears to be illegitimate

The 1911 shows 12yrs married but there is no John King/Edith Smith marriage on freebmd in that timescale

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Susan Smith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 August 22 18:28 BST (UK) »
Apart from the 1911 entry - there is nothing else in your post.  What you appear to be saying is that you have Robert's birth cert & his mother is Edith nee Smith

The only Edith King birth in Surrey in 1911 is Edith Christie King who appears to be illegitimate

The 1911 shows 12yrs married but there is no John King/Edith Smith marriage on freebmd in that timescale

Hi Carole,  Dont think she was illegitamate but Im realy struggling with these,  is it because there is no Mothers Surname there you believe her to be illegitamate,  i have not a clue.

Offline Susan Smith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 August 22 18:34 BST (UK) »
Also struggling with Edith Smith b c1884 Chobham (not chatham as on Census)  the only thing I can find is Baptism.

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 02 August 22 20:15 BST (UK) »
baptism Horsell St Mary
21 April 1901 Arthur son of John, licensed hawker, & Edith King. His dob 17 Feb 1901.

The family might be nearby for the 1901 census.

Also,
Crookham, Hampshire
7 Feb 1909 Robert son of John, traveller, & Edith King - dob 24 Dec 1908
21 July 1907 William, son of John, labourer, & Edith King - dob 10 June
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline Susan Smith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 26 August 22 17:28 BST (UK) »
A bit of any update,  I have got the Birth Cert for an Eve Smith b1884 Chobham (Chertsey) it confirms Parents are Silas Smith and Rhoda Baker Hubbies Grandfathers Parents,  well why in the Baptism record she is down as Edith,  so confusing there is also an error on the Baptism which states Silas as Syke,  defintely the right People though. 

I still cannot find a marriage for John King and an Edith (Eve) King although Birth Cert of one of the Children defintely confirms that Edith Smith was mother and John King Father,  all adds up but errors there.