Author Topic: Ernest Waddington EXTON  (Read 403 times)

Online DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest Waddington EXTON
« Reply #9 on: Friday 05 August 22 16:40 BST (UK) »
Quite a lot of trees on Ancestry have Rachel Exton and George Waddington but none show Ernest. He may have given George as his father because he was his step-father, although, given his middle name, he could have been his actual father.

Some of the trees take Rachel's line back to 1671 in Nottinghamshire and 1683 in Lincolnshire.

Nobody has very much on her husband, but a person matching him is in Greetham in 1891, born in Colsterworth in 1877. His birth gave his mother's maiden name as Munton. One tree has his parents as George and Sarah, nee Munton. married on 14th June 1876 in Greetham.

David

Offline Jenny1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 05 August 22 16:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information David. Because Ernest was never with his mother on a census, I can see why he's not on any trees. His admission to Doncaster School for the deaf gave the information about Rachel. I also found him as a boarder with Mrs Williams in 1901 who is also mentioned on his admission record. If it hadn't been for Rosie finding those I would have had to send for his birth cert.

I'll follow the leads you have suggested.

Thanks again

Jenny

Offline sugarbakers

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 12 Church St, MENT - the family sugarhouse, 1805
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 05 August 22 21:29 BST (UK) »
Possibility that the Exton refers to a place, ie. George Waddington (of) Exton.
Looking through the later posts Rutland is mentioned ... Exton is about 4 miles east of Oakham and 3 miles south of Greetham.
Almeroth, Germany (probably Hessen). Mawer, Softley, Johnson, Lancaster, Tatum, Bucknall (E.Yorks, Nfk, Lincs)

Sugar Refiners & Sugarbakers ... www.mawer.clara.net ...
50,000+ database entries, 270+ fatalities, 210+ fires, history, maps, directory, sales, blog, book, 500+ wills, etc.

WDYTYA magazine July 2017

Online DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 06 August 22 14:40 BST (UK) »
One of the trees is by a descendant of Samuel Exton (1756-1843) and Arabella Stranger (1758-1839). They are also shown as Gt-Gt gandparents of Rachel who married George Waddington. He has traced the Exton line back to a John Exton who died in 1640.

By coincidence, some of the family lived Hambleton, by Rutland Water, which is the name of a bakery in Exton - https://www.facebook.com/hambletonbakery/ We visited the bakery once, after going to nearby Barnsdale Gardens.

David