Author Topic: Mathew McElroy  (Read 318 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mathew McElroy
« on: Saturday 13 August 22 02:54 BST (UK) »
Good Morning all, I know this ancestor has been searched all over. I have searched and found that Mathew McElroy who married Sarah McGoveran in Sydney by Father Thierry, he is not Mary's real father but Michael Conroy is I have the baptism unfortunately  he died in a Mental Home in Liverpool N.S.W. both of these convicts worked the Parramatta roads together, Mathew was in charge. Finding Mathew's and Sarah's burial dates has been a challenge, but I did find that they were in some Newspaper job printing about the Convicts. :-[ I am still trying to find this records. Sarah McElroy was married to a Francis Mcgauran on the 13/9/1819 St. Johns Parramatta, he was hung around the same time as other convicts, they did have a daughter Mary, but she died. Sarah McElroy's maiden was Sandall her father Samuel and mother Sarah Whaley, also convicts. :-\

Janet :-[

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mathew McElroy
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 August 22 06:24 BST (UK) »
Good Morning all, I know this ancestor has been searched all over. I have searched and found that Mathew McElroy who married Sarah McGoveran in Sydney by Father Thierry, he is not Mary's real father but Michael Conroy is I have the baptism unfortunately  he died in a Mental Home in Liverpool N.S.W. both of these convicts worked the Parramatta roads together, Mathew was in charge. Finding Mathew's and Sarah's burial dates has been a challenge, but I did find that they were in some Newspaper job printing about the Convicts. :-[ I am still trying to find this records. Sarah McElroy was married to a Francis Mcgauran on the 13/9/1819 St. Johns Parramatta, he was hung around the same time as other convicts, they did have a daughter Mary, but she died. Sarah McElroy's maiden was Sandall her father Samuel and mother Sarah Whaley, also convicts. :-\

Janet :-[

Have you left out something as this phrase just appears and I do not know how it follows..it seems to refer to something/someone else
he is not Mary's real father but Michael Conroy i

and is this related to the Mary mentioned here?
they did have a daughter Mary, but she died.

What is it you are trying to find please? 

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mathew McElroy
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 August 22 07:51 BST (UK) »
Afternoon Neale1961. Mary is Michael Conroy and Sarah McGoveran's daughter. When Sarah Sandall married Francis McGoveran they had a daughter which they named Mary she died. Michael Conroy and Sarah's daughter lived, when Michael Conroy died in Liverpool, Sarah McGoveran married Mathew McElroy in Sydney N.S.W. Both Michael and Mathew worked on the Parramatta roads in N.S.W. :-[

Janet