Author Topic: Marriage of Cecil William Lowe and Margaret Ann Thomas, 1917  (Read 935 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage of Cecil William Lowe and Margaret Ann Thomas, 1917
« on: Thursday 25 August 22 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi, just wondering if anyone can improve this family wedding photo please (Merthyr Tydfil, Wales in 1917).

It’s not my own family but a family i'm helping with their tree. Believed to be the fathers sitting next to the bride and groom and their wives just in front of them. Thanks, Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Cecil William Lowe and Margaret Ann Thomas, 1917
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 August 22 18:41 BST (UK) »

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 August 22 19:09 BST (UK) »
That’s lovely thanks so much. We are trying to work out who all the family are now! 
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline hoobaloo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 26 August 22 21:08 BST (UK) »
A try from me, regards, John.
P.S. A better scan would get you a much better photo.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 26 August 22 21:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks John, it was sent to me online and was too big to post so i had to re-size. Not very good at that so don't know if i could do anything better, but these are better than the original.

Offline PatBot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 26 August 22 23:06 BST (UK) »
A try from me

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 27 August 22 04:42 BST (UK) »
That’s lovely thanks PatBot 🌺

Offline steve1932

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 16 March 24 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deirdre784
I am new to this forum and have just seen this photograph of my family and will be able to help with your / friends research.
Thanks

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 16 March 24 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to the forum Steve. And thanks, that would be great, Deirdre

PS how are you related and to whom?

PPS can’t name living persons though