Author Topic: Marriage of Cecil William Lowe and Margaret Ann Thomas, 1917  (Read 934 times)

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Cecil William Lowe and Margaret Ann Thomas, 1917
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 16 March 24 22:42 GMT (UK) »
My try. :)
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 16 March 24 22:49 GMT (UK) »
That’s a lovely one, thanks Peter.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline steve1932

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 17 March 24 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deirdre

Cecil William Lowe is my grandfather.

Everyone in this photograph is sadly gone.

Thanks

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 17 March 24 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Steve. He is my friend’s grandfather too. Can you name everyone (or most) in the photo. If you reply to this you will have posted 3 times so can then use the ‘personal message’ option.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline steve1932

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 17 March 24 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deirdre

As well as Cecil, his parents, uncle & sisters there is Margaret her parents, and sisters, also close friends from the village.

I probably do know who are you are helping with their research and am happy to fill in any blanks with names, dates and places.

Thanks

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 17 March 24 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve, i believe i have gone back as far as 3 times great grandparents on the Lowe side, with likely 4 times great too, so wasn’t looking for any particular info. But ….. i can’t see where / how you fit into the tree so i’ll send you a private message.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 05 April 24 02:01 BST (UK) »
Looks very well made expensive clothes this party are wearing- these folk must have had bob or two.  ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Sammy An

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 06 April 24 12:24 BST (UK) »
Hi, thought I'd give the photo a go.

Sammy

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 07 April 24 15:14 BST (UK) »
 A very nice impressive restore of the original image post 1 # Sammy  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth