Author Topic: Diary summary week ending September 4th.  (Read 3610 times)

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending September 4th.
« Reply #54 on: Friday 02 September 22 17:59 BST (UK) »
Very good news, Louisa Maud!

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 02 September 22 21:45 BST (UK) »
Well,the cancer patients perhaps would not pray for themselves .
However many people don’t always go to church but many of those will pray.

Church does not suit everyone ,but it is always comforting to know others are thinking of you.

A lovely day today, a cool breeze kept it comfortable.
Have painted a little set of shelves , FH comes so seldom now by comparison ,and has outgrown lots of his toys but Baby Kyra will come into them . In the meantime they will go upstairs and FH’s books can go on the shelves .
They never have room to take stuff back with them and I am such a miser I can’t bear to throw them away .

Did a bit of shopping at M&S ,a tin of ham that was just over £2 a couple of months ago is now £4-99!
Got a tin of chalk paint to buy from Wilko’s ,on the shelf the price  was £9-99 but at the till it was £ 19-99—!
Well no,sorry, it was only a medium tin ,and perhaps was in the wrong place but the tin was scanned so that was the correct  price.
I wanted the shelves to match a big unit I painted some years ago ,it looks lovely ,it was in County Cream ,but that colour has been discontinued .
So Johnston’s Satinwood ,a lovely paint to use .
The skirtings and doors and architrave all done  in that.
It dried in no time ,so just one more top coat tomorrow .

Hanging baskets almost over now, will see what they have at the garden centre when I pay my milk bill.
The girls from the farm cooked with Gordon Ramsay on T.V. they really out cooked him and at the end the eldest said ‘ See what you can do without swearing!”

Well I am tired ,so an earlier night I think.
For some strange reason I wake up at five O’clock ,can’t get back to sleep.
So lie there ir do a crossword .

Hope everyone has a good night’s sleep ,people continue to get better and
make good recoveries .
 Cheerio,Viktoria.

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 02 September 22 22:42 BST (UK) »
So pleased to hear of the cancer ladies getting good results , I'm sure one day there will be cure  .Yes I've missed some time in roots as I was busy looking after my husband for some time ,but I now have more time to myself . I've had an easy day today my usual morning on a Friday is the hairdressers then popped to see one of my daughters who looks after her daughters little ones .Then she asked if I would makes some lemon curd it's my grandmothers recipe so made it and took it back to her tonight  nothing on TV for me so got on with a bit more of my family tree . So now I'm off to my bed too it's my Football match day out tomorrow with my granddaughter I took her when she was 6 years old now she takes me .Hoping for a win .Goodnight all pleasant dreams  Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 03 September 22 10:02 BST (UK) »
That is such good news LM that your friends are showing all clear.  This must have been such an uplift for you to get this news!  (If I had cancer I would certainly pray for myself and I would ask for all the prayers I could get.).  It is good to think that we are living in an age of such medical advancement that this is no longer an automatic death sentence.  One of my sisters in law was diagnosed around the time of William and Kate's wedding.  That must have been some years back now.  It had spread and things looked quite bleak at the outset.  However, she had treatment and she too eventually got a miraculous all clear and is still going strong to this day.

Still haven't heard back yet after routine mammogram; although I was told it could take up to 3 weeks.  Hopefully no news is good news as they say.

I've been doing a mixture of shifts this week.  Nightshift, backshift, 12 hour day shift.  Feeling quite tired as is the norm.  I've got an irritating tickly cough at the moment.  I've been doing tests and no signs of any link to covid.  I must be getting a decent amount of C vit which might might help as I've been eating a lot of blackberries which are out in abundance.  I find these go lovely with Sicilian lemon yoghurt I buy at our local Aldi.  I'm also drinking medicinal tasting tea concoctions.  Right now I'm drinking honey, lemon, ginger & lavender.

Lots in the news about NHS at the moment.  I saw a sign on a bus in Newcastle recently asking people in so many words, to try to avoid going to hospital as a first port of call, if they can.  I will try to attach the sign.

I've also heard news that Putin has disconnected some major gas pipe to Europe and also that councils may not be able to afford Christmas lights this year.  Oh well, we'll deal with it.  Things happen and it just seems like we have little choice but to get on with it.

The gulls have settled down so thankfully, I am able to return home down my street again when I go out or go to work.

Hope you and your Granddaughter get to see a football win today, Elizabeth.

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 03 September 22 12:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you nearly ready for off Got my Black and White gear on 😳⚽️ Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Saturday 03 September 22 18:52 BST (UK) »
RTL, a mix of shifts seems unsettling.
Viktoria, FH & friends going over jumps reminded me of when a friend and I used to pretend to be horses. :) My first social outing for 2 years was in May to the county agricultural show which incorporates a horse show. Most spectators around the jumping ring were women and girls.

Heavy rain which was forecast has just begun.
Cowban

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 03 September 22 18:56 BST (UK) »
Hope everyone had a good day

Went to a show, been going for years,  sheep  cows and horses  plus the usual things that are at shows nowadays,  weather was fantastic and i couldn't help wondering how the animals would have coped during the heatwave a few weeks ago, it was much smaller than pre pandemic which was a shame, came home foot sore and tired, hopefully will sleep tonight

Take care

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 03 September 22 19:28 BST (UK) »
That's not nice RTL I hate rapid cycling between shifts.

Wet hear all day today, not always heavy though.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 03 September 22 20:00 BST (UK) »
Holiday weekend here, Labour Day on Monday.  Very hot too, feels like high 30's. 
We did a bit of shopping and out for lunch at a new restaurant for me, though OH had taken his daughter there.  I found a puzzle at a thrift shop still sealed in its box, so happy to get one about a quarter of the price new.