Author Topic: Possibility/likelihood for DNA match from 1830?  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Simon62

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Possibility/likelihood for DNA match from 1830?
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 15 October 22 11:30 BST (UK) »
Until I began to understand how DNA is past down I was quite nonchalant about it. But now realise the chance was so remote. Yes, it's really blown me away!
Craston
Bimson
Walker, Halifax
Bardsley, Cheshire
Bentley, Halifax
Fawcett, Westmorland
Batty, Kirkby Lonsdale
Tomlinson, Longridge

Offline Petros

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 15 October 22 11:56 BST (UK) »
I have a number of DNA matches that tie up with 18th century ancestors including some who appear to be 6C. However, going that far back many matches will not show.

My wife and I are descended from the same individual, born in 1751 but are only a 4cM match according to GedMatch. Her ancestor married an Entecott and she has 6 DNA matches (on Ancestry) to that line who are either 5C or 6C. I also have one match to that line (a 5C) but they do not show as a match to my wife!

Offline rsel

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 16 October 22 11:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa,
    Not going to be much direct help, but if you have been focusing on particular names/lines. you might want to check out the 'ANCESTRAL TREES' tool on the DNA Painter site.  You can enter a basic tree, but then start flaging people that you have DNA matches to confirm. the Fan chart then gives you options to visualize which lines you have no matches on so far, or have not focused on so prehaps need to look at :-)

Richard
Sellens - Sussex
Newham - Surrey
Wellington - Dagenham, Essex
Camp - South Essex
Wren - Essex
Livermore - Essex
Wane - Essex
Fisk - Essex / Suffolk
Bailey/Bayley - Sussex
Newton - Sussex
Funnell - Sussex