Author Topic: Elizabeth Rodgers  (Read 591 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Rodgers
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 September 22 22:04 BST (UK) »
Just reading back, the baptism has Eliza as MConnell.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 September 22 22:24 BST (UK) »
One last try. On the other thread you wrote:
Hello,could Andrew and Eliza Jane McConnell have had a son called Terence(my great great uncle),Terence was born in 1866 and died in 5/5/1909,he married Catherine ward on the 12/9/1892 at st Mary's church,Belfast.I believe Terence parents were called Andrew and Eliza(Elizabeth) and Armagh would certainly be the right area,kind regards Dean Wells

Terence’s marriage shows Adam as a witness and the residence is Millfield - as earlier records
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1892/10639/5876448.pdf
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dean Wells

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 September 22 06:36 BST (UK) »
Hello Heywood,thank you and I am now convinced that my Terence is the son of Eliza McConnell and Andrew Gray,you asked where do I have Terence later,I believe he entered a mental institution,where he sadly died in 1909,thank you for your massive help,if it had not been for your help I would have forever had his mother as Eliza Rodgers,kind regards Dean

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 31 October 22 07:27 GMT (UK) »
Going along with Heywood,I had another thought. I looked at son Hugh's marriage. When you find Hugh in census his son Terrence is with him. On birth cert Terrence's mother is listed as Margaret McBurney yet on marriage cert to Hugh she is Margaret Thompson (a widow).I wonder if Eliza may have been married prior to Andrew(ie Rodgers) but decided after Terrence's birth to put her maiden name on kids birth certs. Kim