Author Topic: Auckland Heritage Festival 2022  (Read 376 times)

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
Auckland Heritage Festival 2022
« on: Monday 05 September 22 03:57 BST (UK) »
Hello.

AUCKLAND HERITAGE FESTIVAL has announced it's registered events for October 1st to 16th.

http://www.heritagefestival.co.nz/events/default.asp?eventcategory=&eventarea=West&pickdate=&status=search&I1=GO+%3E

An annual event, which had to be cancelled this time last year, due to Covid restrictions.

In a quick review I did not see listings for two groups, that I usually try to support, in South and West Auckland, but there are plenty of other interesting events/activities that can give period insight to those researching their local Auckland heritage.

Alan.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Auckland Heritage Festival 2022
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 September 22 09:53 BST (UK) »
This looks marvellous.
Feeling somewhat envious as we were all set to tour NZ in 2020, but due to Covid and then a stroke, I don't suppose I will ever get there now.  :'(
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 September 22 22:05 BST (UK) »
Sorry to hear you have had a health set back. Let's hope you regain strength, and mobility. NZ is indeed a great country, in a small package, with plenty to see and do. Being so far from their homeland, new arrivals learned to be innovative to succeed, so proved to be great pioneers in a new land.

My Gt Grandfather arrived from Scotland in 1842, and many descendants had notable achievements in their life time, within the environs of greater Auckland, and then down into the Waikato. So there is plenty to learn, see and do, when reunions, and heritage display / gatherings are held. When I can, I return to some of those home bases, through time.

Thanks to the internet, research, and virtual tours, can now also be done from the comfort of home, so enjoy. All the best.

Alan.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 September 22 22:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you Alan.
Good to know you can access various home bases, and I shall seek out some virtual tours.  :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 09 September 22 11:28 BST (UK) »
Cheers Alan, I omitted last Friday to attend to starting a thread for the event this time as I have in the past, if you're involved again out your way I hope it is along with others well supported after the quieter 2 years. We had a book launch date planned last year during the festival and a lost opportunity with distribution carried out quietly when it was possible.
All the best on your virtual tour as well mowsehowse and for improvements on the health front as well.

:) mare

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 09 September 22 16:17 BST (UK) »
Cheers Alan, I omitted last Friday to attend to starting a thread for the event this time as I have in the past, if you're involved again out your way I hope it is along with others well supported after the quieter 2 years. We had a book launch date planned last year during the festival and a lost opportunity with distribution carried out quietly when it was possible.
All the best on your virtual tour as well mowsehowse and for improvements on the health front as well.   :) mare

Aww, thanks for the good wishes Mare, and good luck for festival.