Author Topic: Burghead Cemetery  (Read 282 times)

Offline specialkg

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burghead Cemetery
« on: Thursday 08 September 22 16:41 BST (UK) »
I visited Burghead Cemetery earlier this year. The cemetery as you leave Burghead.
I was looking for a grave stones for a Isabella Young Fraser nee McKenzie who died in 2016. Her husband William Fraser died on 20th February 1989. Their son George William Fraser died in 2014. All three newspaper deaths indicate they were buried in Burghead cemetery. Isabella's parents George McKenzie and Isabella Sutherland Young are both buried in the cemetery.  I found their stone on a previous visit.

We spent some time looking but we either missed it or there is no stone which I doubt or they have been buried with George and Isabella and the names are not mentioned on the stone.
my bet is we have just missed it. We did find a family stone that we had missed on a previous visit.

If anyone can locate a stone for the above names that would be great. A photo would be very much appreciated but even a confirmation that there is stone and a rough location would be great. It may be a wee while before we can get back to Burghead so any help with this would be much appreciated. This family are connected to George McKenzie who had the bakery many years ago. One son was the Clavie King.

Thanks, Betty

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Burghead Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 September 22 18:05 BST (UK) »
www.findagrave.com has an entry for Isabella Y  McKenzie Fraser,William Fraser ,her two sons
George William Fraser and Gary Fraser ..There isn't   a photo but there is a inscription for George William Fraser .If you are not a member it's free to register and you can request a photo (Burghead Cemetery )

Rosie

Offline specialkg

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 September 22 18:17 BST (UK) »
That is brilliant. It is certainly the correct family. Thank you for finding that. I use Find a Grave a lot but had not thought on using it for Burghead.

Much appreciated.
Betty

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 September 22 18:38 BST (UK) »
That is brilliant. It is certainly the correct family. Thank you for finding that. I use Find a Grave a lot but had not thought on using it for Burghead.

Much appreciated.
Betty

Your welcome  :)

Rosie