Author Topic: Elizabeth Edwards born 1854  (Read 1362 times)

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Edwards born 1854
« Reply #9 on: Friday 16 September 22 16:19 BST (UK) »
Free BMD records the death of Elizabeth Lilian Pritchard in Bath in 1928 aged 75 (born c.1853).

This is corroborated by an entry in the Bath Burial Index - https://www.batharchives.co.uk/burial-index

The same grave contains the remains of Henry James Pritchard, who died in 1933, and two younger Pritchards - son and daughter? son and daughter-in-law? More details at the link I've given.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gerry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 16 September 22 16:41 BST (UK) »
Many thanks arthurk - a light in the tunnel !    Daisy and Victor are daughter and son

Offline JRebeccaR

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 23 September 22 20:17 BST (UK) »
There is this census but ages are all over the place for adults, but some of it makes some sense.

1861 - Piece:   1688, Folio:   4, Page number:   1
Civil parish:   Lyncombe and Widcombe

Caroline Edwards, 50   Head
Matilda Edwards   24   Daughter
Elizabeth Edwards, 9   Daughter
Emma Edwards, 7   Daughter
Edwin Edwards, 5    Grandson

An online tree has Elizabeth, Emma, Edwin as children of Matilda, her parents where John George Edwards died 1840 and Caroline Doggrell. (Bapt as Caroline Matilda Edwards)

You would have to check/research, see what you think (if connection)

1841  for family at Grove Street address for death of John George Edwards
Civil parish:   Bathwick
Piece:   93, Book:   4, Folio:   8

Caroline Edwards 30
Isabella Edwards   6
Martha Edwards 4
John Edwards 2
Jane Edwards 1

Cas

Hello

My great grandmother was Emma Edwards, 1854 - 1908 and we've known nothing of her family background until now, assuming this is one and the same Emma Edwards born 1854 in Bath
I've only just stumbled upon this site and these entries this evening trying to find out more about Emma, so I'm very curious to learn who else is looking at this particular family.
Emma married Walter Tucker, a police officer then detective with Bath Police, and they had four daughters. I have photos of her and their family as well as letters written by her to my grandmother