Author Topic: Jeale Jewell Geel Geale of Surrey  (Read 427 times)

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jeale Jewell Geel Geale of Surrey
« on: Thursday 22 September 22 09:30 BST (UK) »
Kia ora

I am trying to find the parents of Richard Jeale / Jewell and who he married.  I have plenty of information going forward.  I have lots of information about Jeales further back but haven't managed to marry them with this Richard Jeale.   

Richard Jeale (1640)c married Katherine and had six children: Richard Jeale 11 October 1666-1 December 1679, Mary Jeale 4 November 1668, John Jeale 17 February 1670, William Jeale 26 December 1672, Elizabeth Jeale 29 October 1675, Thomas Jeale 13 February 1677 Nutfield, Surrey.
Richard Jeale gentleman died 10 April 1703.     
Katherine Jeale
All at St Peter & St Paul, Nutfield, Surrey.

All help appreciated

Nga mihi nui (very best wishes)
Bronwen
Aotearoa
Campbell, McKenzie, Ross, MacKay, Munro, Sutherland all of Ross & Comarty
Barry, Gibson, Watson, Summers, Edmonstone, Brock, McCartney all of Glasgow and environs
Erskine, Fletcher of Edinburgh

Offline Jentaff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jeale Jewell Geel Geale of Surrey
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 March 24 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Try looking for Giles/GYLES/Jules.
My Giles family from the west country were my brick wall for 20+yrs. The OPC helped me find them, they were previously Jules. My Ancestors being 1 of 6 children, 3 Jules 3 Jiles, his father was Gyles, and  his father was Jewell..
Some flitted from 1 name to the other throughout their lives, sometimes using both ie William Jewell's Giles..what a nightmare..

Offline Jentaff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 March 24 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Try looking for Giles/GYLES/Jules.
My Giles family from the west country were my brick wall for 20+yrs. The OPC helped me find them, they were previously Jules. My Ancestors being 1 of 6 children, 3 Jules 3 Jiles, his father was Gyles, and  his father was Jewell..
Some flitted from 1 name to the other throughout their lives, sometimes using both ie William Jewell's Giles..what a nightmare..luckily for me, they had 1 Very unusual female name, this helped me link up 3 generations with this given name

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 March 24 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks I hadn’t tried that one, I had Jewell, Juel, Juele, Geale and various others and I will include this.  Many thanks for responding.
Campbell, McKenzie, Ross, MacKay, Munro, Sutherland all of Ross & Comarty
Barry, Gibson, Watson, Summers, Edmonstone, Brock, McCartney all of Glasgow and environs
Erskine, Fletcher of Edinburgh