Author Topic: Thomas Leavy/Leavey in Longford County. Ireland  (Read 859 times)

Offline joyce2805

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Leavy/Leavey in Longford County. Ireland
« on: Friday 23 September 22 07:40 BST (UK) »
I am researching Thomas Leavy/Leavey born in 1760 in Ireland most likely in County Longford married to Bridget Keogan born in 1765.  I suspect he might be the father of my 2nd great grandfather, Christopher Leavy/Leavey born in 1781 and married to Jeanne Dinnegan born in about 1796.  I know of only one child born to Thomas and Bridget and she (Mary) was born in 1782 one year after my 2nd great grandfather’s birth year.  She was born and baptized in Robinstown, County, Longford. Ireland.  She married Patrick Rogers born in 1888 in County Longford, Ireland.

My hope is to identify any other possible children Of Thomas Leavy/Leavey and Bridget Keogan.  My 2nd great grandparents lived in Cooleeny, County Longford with their seven children. Any assistance with locating possible children for Thomas Leavy/Leavey and Bridget Keogan will be so appreciated and extremely helpful.

Thank you.

Offline Lambendsor (aka IGS)

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Leavy/Leavey in Longford County. Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 July 23 14:04 BST (UK) »
Ancestry's ThruLines suggests that Thomas LEAVEY and Bridget KEOGAN were my 5x-great-grandparents - based on the research of a distant cousin. But I'm not yet sure if this is correct as I've found few DNA matches with LEAVEYs or KEOGANs in their trees. I could be wrong, though.

My 3x-great-grandmother was Rose ROGERS (said to be the granddaughter of Thomas and Bridget), who was born in the early 1800s, married Thomas DOYLE, and later lived in Aghamore Upper, Columkille/Colmcille Parish, Longford.

Have you taken a DNA test? So far I've identified about 30 descendants of Rose and Thomas who are DNA matches on Ancestry, so genetics might be able to confirm your suspicions - that is, if my cousin's theory is accurate.

Feel free to PM me for more details!
ENDSOR: Tamworth/Manchester
LAMB: Leeds/Manchester
SMITH: Manchester
HOLMES: Kirk Ireton/Manchester
WORTHINGTON: Middleton/Manchester
SHORROCK: Manchester
BROOKS: Wilmslow/Knutsford
By marriage in Manchester: BAXENDALE, DODD, EYERS, FIRTH, FISHER, FO(R)STER, HARGREAVES, J(A/E)RVIS, McKEOWN, OSBALDESTON, PICKWELL, PODMORE, SCHOFIELD, SHALLCROSS, STONES, WALKER
GREY, DOYLE, GOLDEN, MONAHAN: Ireland
HAWE, FRENEY, NARY: Co. Kilkenny
DONOHO and variants: Co. Longford

Offline joyce2805

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 July 23 00:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,
It is so exciting to hear from you.  When I post messages, I am always hopeful, but didn’t think of actually receiving a response. Yes, I did have DNA done.  I would love to have your details for any information you might want to share with me.  My e-mail is *   Hoping to hear from you and thank you so much for contacting me.

Sometime after I posted this message to rootschat.com, I received a DNA match that indicates Bridgit Keogan and Thomas Leavey in the match’s tree. Both Thomas Leavey and Bridget Leavey are indicated as Common ancestors.  My information is indicated below for this match.  The link to Karen’s tree is indicated below.

My DNA match J. C. is managed by Karen Carnes as the link directly below indicates. .
https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-matches/compare/29136c9b-c467-4081-aa2b-a55fc9772cd8/with/63e60bbe-d911-43dd-a1f6-53c9f3d2bd20

Link to Karen Carnes tree:
https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-matches/compare/29136c9b-c467-4081-aa2b-a55fc9772cd8/with/63e60bbe-d911-43dd-a1f6-53c9f3d2bd20

Joyce

*Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsChat general guidance and pratice, to prevent others from spamming or abusing it.  Please use the personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thanks

Offline Lambendsor (aka IGS)

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 July 23 12:48 BST (UK) »
Great! I emailed you -
ENDSOR: Tamworth/Manchester
LAMB: Leeds/Manchester
SMITH: Manchester
HOLMES: Kirk Ireton/Manchester
WORTHINGTON: Middleton/Manchester
SHORROCK: Manchester
BROOKS: Wilmslow/Knutsford
By marriage in Manchester: BAXENDALE, DODD, EYERS, FIRTH, FISHER, FO(R)STER, HARGREAVES, J(A/E)RVIS, McKEOWN, OSBALDESTON, PICKWELL, PODMORE, SCHOFIELD, SHALLCROSS, STONES, WALKER
GREY, DOYLE, GOLDEN, MONAHAN: Ireland
HAWE, FRENEY, NARY: Co. Kilkenny
DONOHO and variants: Co. Longford