Author Topic: Keenan, Bundoran, Co. Donegal and New York  (Read 793 times)

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Keenan, Bundoran, Co. Donegal and New York
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 24 September 22 22:54 BST (UK) »
I'd look at this one first - it's on billiongraves, but I don't have a subscription.
Nora F Keenan d 3 Aug 1959, buried Calvary, Queens
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2HXP-YQY

I don't think that is her OOH.

https://billiongraves.com/grave/person/5402762

Sandra

Thanks, I put it out there hoping someone could look it up.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 24 September 22 22:55 BST (UK) »

And also the same address on the U.S., World War II Draft Cards Young Men of the sons.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline traynorm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 24 September 22 23:15 BST (UK) »
My sincere apologies for the delay in replying to your last few updates. I had a visitor call here for the past couple of hours.
Thank you very much for the information about Nora, James & Catherine.
I have lots to digest with all the information you have sent me today.
It's almost overwhelming the information you were able to glean in one single day about my grandmother's brother, Tom Keenan. This time yesterday I knew so very little about him. I am very impressed with all that you found. Are you in the USA. ? I am in Dublin.
Over the coming days I will be making efforts to contact relatives that 24 hours ago I did not know they existed.
Without your assistance today I probably would not have known where to start looking for any descendants of Tom Keenan from Bundoran.
I hope others are appreciative of your efforts for without your knowledge I would not have made such progress.
Many thanks and kindest regards
Michael Traynor
Dublin.

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 24 September 22 23:42 BST (UK) »
You're welcome, always a pleasure. I grew up in Ohio and my wife and I now live in Rhode Island.
---
I was going to suggest contacting the funeral home that handled Thomas Keenan's funeral, Martin S. Chalk, at 57-04 Roosevelt Avenue, Woodside, but it doesn't look like it is still there, or anywhere.
While looking for it, I found this page with a picture of St Sebastian's, which is also now torn down.
https://newyorkyimby.com/2017/02/four-story-residential-building-complete-at-57-04-woodside-avenue-in-woodside.html

That is where their son Joseph was buried from, so probably Thomas and Nora were also, and probably their parish. The records would probably be now in a diocese archive, which is a search for another day - probably not online, but you might be able to contact them.

---
Glad I could help, I'm sure the others will say the same.

Offline traynorm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 24 September 22 23:50 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for that information about St Sebastians.
That's a shame such a lovely building was torn down, but like you suggest the records must be secure in a diocesan archive. So I have an email address so at least I will start with that. Yes, indeed some of the Keenan family members must have a funeral record there.

You have all been such a wonderful help.
Thank you all,
Michael.