Author Topic: Another missing Winde  (Read 339 times)

Offline Seelife

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Another missing Winde
« on: Thursday 29 September 22 15:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks, I am sorry, but I would appreciate some assistance. I have (I think managed to extend my family line back a little further.  I am looking for the father of this guy :
William [middle name?] Winde aka Wind
Born 24 Sep 1693 in Chester-le-Street, Durham, England, United Kingdom
Husband of Mary (Coxon) Winde — married 29 Oct 1718 in Chester-le-Street, Durham, England, United Kingdom

However, I cannot locate a James Winde (supposedly born 1663, Chester Le Street.
A number of researchers have placed his father as a James Winde, born 1663 in Familysearch, but without sources. I can only find a 1665 reference on Findmypast.

I am using this DurhamRecordsOnline record as my basis to assume Williams father is JAMES.
Baptisms, Chester-le-Street District
Record Number: 313363.0
Church: St. Mary and St. Cuthbert
Denomination: Anglican
24 Sep 1693 William Winde, of Lumley Park, son of James Winde

One of the references I find is, Winde James, 1665, England Births & Baptisms 1538-1975, Leake, Yorkshire, England. The same records shows up in the Northumberland And Durham Baptisms.
On Durhamrecordsonline, I dont seem to find James. On FreeReg, I find the 1665, James Winde of Leake, Durham.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Winn, Wynne, Wynd, Wind, Winde

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Another missing Winde
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 October 22 08:00 BST (UK) »
I don't know if this is relevant to your research, but perhaps still of interest ,
in the Will of Martin Wind ,Yeoman of Low Woodstone House  Chester Le Street
probate granted 1752, he mentions two William Wind beneficiaries one being the elder one the younger a Taylor of Great Lumley , his mother appears to be Margaret Wind , the will mentions other relatives i.e the Scoreres , his wife is noted as Sarah Wind
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 October 22 08:10 BST (UK) »
There are also wills
for William Wind Yeoman of Borrowby Yorkshire 24th May 1737, wife Margaret daughters Jane and Ann ,
and Robert Wind of Knaton Leake Yorkshire 19th April 1742 ,

Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 October 22 09:01 BST (UK) »
perhaps you could access the records for Chester Le Street at a family history centre,
Family search org,
gives the following
Ann  Wind 8th September 1689,
William Wind 24 th September 1693,
Margaret Winde 3rd May 1696 ,
father James Winde

Offline Seelife

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 02 October 22 09:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Radcliff. Thank you so much for these leads. Yes, I had come across the references to Ann  Wind 8th September 1689, William Wind 24 th September 1693, Margaret Winde 3rd May 1696 ,
father James Winde on FamilySearch, but with no sources. There is a James there, but again iffy source. He exists, but is elusive. Thank you for spending time on my question.
Winn, Wynne, Wynd, Wind, Winde