Author Topic: Elizabeth Dowling, Dudley  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Brian1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Dowling, Dudley
« on: Tuesday 06 September 05 00:23 BST (UK) »
Never sure if Dudley is in Worcestershire!
I am looking for the death of Elizabeth Dowling. Family hearsay states that she was burned to death supposedly at age 29, but this is somewhat speculative.
I have the family living in Dudley at 11 Police Buildings in the 1871 census. She was born in 1866 in Dudley to Thomas and Sarah Mary Dowling. Thomas was a policeman.
The family move to Liverpool, but there is no record of her on the 1881 census in that city ( she would then have been about 15 years of age ).
Brian1
Arnold ( Lancs ). Gordon ( Lancs, Scotland ). Dowling. ( Ireland, England, Massachusetts, Australia, Buenos Aires ) Pugh ( Pew) ( Cheshire & Lancs). Cordial ( Ireland )

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Dowling, Dudley
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 October 05 23:11 BST (UK) »
Hi brian1

I Have had a quick shufty and cant find anything! frustrating??? Is there anyway she could have either emigrated or perhaps (shock horror) been deported for a petty crime?  Have you looked into this possibilty?

Let me know

Cheers
Jan :-*
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline Brian1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Dowling, Dudley
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 October 05 23:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan,
Have searched through all of the 1881 census records even those for institutions etc with no trace of her.
She remains an enigma.
Thanks for your suggestions
Brian
Arnold ( Lancs ). Gordon ( Lancs, Scotland ). Dowling. ( Ireland, England, Massachusetts, Australia, Buenos Aires ) Pugh ( Pew) ( Cheshire & Lancs). Cordial ( Ireland )