Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 9th October  (Read 3535 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 9th October
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 05 October 22 20:50 BST (UK) »
Noooooo!
Domestic and General ,they insure electrical items, fee repairs or replacements .
You get vouchers each renewal date , but —- only for Hotpoint,Indesit and WhIrlpool .
I think I will discontinue it though ,the oven currently defunct has this year cost £14-99 per month ,it goes up with the age of the item.
I have £143 ,but only with the three makes mentioned.

Sounds good but -?
Cheerio.
Viktoria.
P.S H,E,Bates , The Water Gypsies ,a delightful read.
Viktoria.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 06 October 22 09:49 BST (UK) »
Just been corrected, not H.E.Bates but A.P.Herbert —— “ The Water Gypsies” .
I looked it up AFTER posting !
Arrogance!
Still a delightful read ,many others with that title .
The one I remember was about two girls who have a barge ,they washed their hair and dried it over a stove!

Viktoria.

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 07 October 22 15:34 BST (UK) »
I've have had two main things on my mind this week and they were:

Have another go at finding OHs Irish McCarthys, and resume my year long search for a roofer that doesn't have a policy of only taking orders from commercial companies.

It didn't occur to me that bending over to peer more closely at faded baptism and census images on the computer screen that my back would eventually have to complain and complain very painfully.    The pain is all for nothing, as I'm still not confident that I've found the correct Daniel son of Patrick.   Maybe if the Welsh census didn't have some missing census records I might be more confident.

In the middle of the week it came to me that I should change the search terms when looking for a roofer.  Seeking roofers, I'd exhausted the town search term and I'd exhausted the county search term.  I decided that maybe using the neighbouring area of "Rossendale" as a prefix search term might be more productive...... and it was.  I had two companies return my enquiry to arrange a date for examining my roof ..... Oh Happy Day despite the protest from my back.

Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 07 October 22 15:55 BST (UK) »
Been a heavy week.  Short staffed again. Covid hospitalisations up 50% on last week for our hospital.  Lower increase for Scotland as a whole. A week and a half into unlimited visiting between 0800 and 2200.  My legs are back and blue from climbing into awkward spaces to do what needs to be done. Im stressed as relatives are taking up so much of my shift I have to work on to get patient care and my notes done.  Don't get me wrong helping relatives is part of my job too but we are in situations when we have 16 or 17 patients each, so already under an hour per patient (and that is if we skip our breaks).  We can't give them the care we want to and that they need.  A few wards closed by covid outbreaks with unmasked visitors as the suspected index.  What do they expect when a room designed for 6 patients and up to 2 staff has 7 patients and visitors in double figures.  It's cramped, and just having no space to move is enough to stress me.  Yes I know that makes me a bad person, that means I'm in the wrong job

Got my new car today.

Weather is awful.  Torrential rain and localised flooding.  That means clothes horse in the middle of the room
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 07 October 22 16:55 BST (UK) »
Please do not say you are a bad person, you are not, you are overworked, and you are doing your best, I always say "miracles cost more" and they do, there are only so many hours you can work, no doubt all of your colleagues feel the same as you do

How exciting to get your new car, hope it suits your needs

We have had a few nice days, my plants are very dry at the base so I watered them yesterday, we haven't had enough rain to get below the leaves on thick plants, the rain only goes on the top, we  need a real downpour preferably at night

PharmaT and people in your line of work, keep doing what you are doing, I am sure you will get your just reward, I have no doubt the public are on your side and appreciate what you are doing, so PT please be more positive and think of yourself as being a "good person"

Louisa Maud

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 07 October 22 17:00 BST (UK) »
pharmaT - enjoy your new car  8) 8)

AND - PLEASE don't keep knocking yourself.  :-*

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 07 October 22 22:34 BST (UK) »
Yes, enjoy your new car , thank you for your efforts, ,you and many like you are keeping things going there is no doubt.

It must be very hard, you are between a rock and a hard place ,you know things are not right but if you work to rule then patients don’t get what they need ,carry on as you are doing and things won’t be addressed because you are doing so much to make the impossible work!

That means that things are only working because of dedication above and  beyond  what is reasonable to be expected of you.
I think there are other Health Workers on R.C. who will understand.

Well people are thinking of you and the other Health Workers.
That does not help though really does it.

Got to choose a new cooker yet,well oven , need to see some before I choose ..
They sent me an email( D&G) with white ovens!
My kitchen is black and shiny ,shows every hand print !
Without my Sage mini oven too at the moment ,it will all be sorted .

Lovely neighbour ,this  morning  pandemonium !
Her carer who gets her up could not get in to the bathroom ,neighbour had locked or bolted it on the inside ,but had forgotten how to undo it !
That often happens if she leaves the key in her front door lock but if she takes it out  she forgets it is on the bookcase in her hall.

Little strawberries still coming on my plants , a few ripen each day .
Ate the first of my Cox’s  off my little tree.
Nice,crisp.
All the Bramley’s cooked and in the freezer.

Well kitchen tidied before bed.
Watched the England / US footie match ,we won 2-1 .
A bit late eating ,no ovens  you see, well a big one that doesn’t keep to temperature !

Will just finish watching The Detectorists , kitchen and bed.
Goodnight everyone.
Viktoria.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 08 October 22 16:24 BST (UK) »
Today I've been taking some of the summer bedding plants from the pots and have planted one pot with some grape hyacinths and heathers on top. I've also moved summer t-shirts, shorts etc from the drawers and replaced them with sweaters.

Am I the only one who finds this sort of thing depressing? Saying goodbye to summer for quite some time.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 08 October 22 16:31 BST (UK) »
No, it is always sad to see the days shorten and the weather getting cooler.  And I've just installed the autumn display in my porch - gone are the mermaids basking on the beach  :'(

I hope that you are being VERY careful with the grape hyacinth.  I must have allowed some to get into the general garden and I am continually having to pull them up and dispose of them before they take over!  :-X
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY