Author Topic: Bustard family - Frevagh townland, Fermanagh  (Read 275 times)

Offline snickersnee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bustard family - Frevagh townland, Fermanagh
« on: Friday 07 October 22 01:12 BST (UK) »
Most of the Bustard families are found next door in Donegal.  But there is a small cadre of Bustards in Frevagh townland Fermanagh.   As usual, all the first names are similar -- lots of Johns, James, Robert, William, etc.  Almost impossible to sort out. 

I am looking specifically for the wife of a WILLIAM BUSTARD, Born ca. 1800, died 1878 at age 78, father named John Bustard.  He would have been married before 1837, as a child was born in that year.  The parish is DEVENISH.

The name is also spelled Busteed, which is what some of the Canadian descendants used.
Associated names are Nixon, Johnston, Howden and possibly Ovens.

Thanks,
Jean Frane
Washington DC
Miller (PA), Cribbs (PA), Schenck (NJ), Piggott (VA),
Trible (VA), Witham (Maine, Ohio), Hudson (VA),
Cloptom (VA), Fleming (VA), Michaux (France, VA)
Morgan (VA), Howden (Ireland), Bustard (Ireland),
Seaton (Scotland), Cameron (Scotland), Kennedy (Scotland), Forbes (Scotland), Reinhard/t (Baden, Minn), Buche (Switzerland), Fouquette (Quebec)

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bustard family - Frevagh townland, Fermanagh
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 October 22 09:48 BST (UK) »
This looks to be William's wife Elizabeth:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1884/06325/4813773.pdf

Devenish Church of Ireland baptism, marriages and burials start around 1800 (with some gaps). Copies in PRONI.
Elwyn

Offline snickersnee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 October 22 21:37 BST (UK) »
Elwyn,
Thanks you so much!  I have tried all the sources I could find, but obviously did not delve deep enough to find Elizabeth in my PRONI searches.

You obviously have a lot of Irish capabilities and know lots of sources.  I will try to find those birth, marriages and deaths at PRONI.  I had assumed there were none that early to be found.

Nex up, a thread about Jane Howden and her family and the relationship of this family with that of Gustavus Howden.Everyone except William Bustard ended up in Canada, mostly Quebec.
Miller (PA), Cribbs (PA), Schenck (NJ), Piggott (VA),
Trible (VA), Witham (Maine, Ohio), Hudson (VA),
Cloptom (VA), Fleming (VA), Michaux (France, VA)
Morgan (VA), Howden (Ireland), Bustard (Ireland),
Seaton (Scotland), Cameron (Scotland), Kennedy (Scotland), Forbes (Scotland), Reinhard/t (Baden, Minn), Buche (Switzerland), Fouquette (Quebec)

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 October 22 17:38 BST (UK) »

I will try to find those birth, marriages and deaths at PRONI.  I had assumed there were none that early to be found.

They are not on-line at PRONI. You need to go in person and look them up (or get a researcher to do that for you). Good luck anyway.
Elwyn