Author Topic: Family confusion, James Sanders,Toronto  (Read 7715 times)

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Today is the day of my life
    • View Profile
Re: Family confusion, James Sanders,Toronto
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 09 October 22 19:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much at least my research seems correct. The gentleman who has contacted me says the wife of James William was Sadie somebody and I remember someone else saying there was a directory entry for 1963 where James W has a wife called Sarah. This is where I am confused.
Devon,Cornwall and Somerset
West,Horne,Andrews,Melluish and Denniford

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 October 22 19:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much at least my research seems correct. The gentleman who has contacted me says the wife of James William was Sadie somebody and I remember someone else saying there was a directory entry for 1963 where James W has a wife called Sarah. This is where I am confused.

Yes I saw that entry, also a Mrs Bertha Graham (widow) at the 144 Tamworth Road. York address.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 October 22 20:17 BST (UK) »
I suppose Sadie is a diminutive of Sarah, so that may explain the Sadie/Sarah thing

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 10 October 22 00:22 BST (UK) »
Any idea of when Dorothy passed away?  Perhaps James William remarried, but the person that contacted you was unaware of a previous wife?

Does this person have the same parents for James and Edith? I am seeing these from their marriage:

James Edward Sanders parents:  James Sanders, Jessie Maria Denniford
Edith Florence Brown's parents: William Henry Brown, Ellen Harvey

(Just in case the two of you aren't talking about the same family!)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 10 October 22 01:19 BST (UK) »
Hi,

From Sandra's find re St. Johns Norway cemetery...obit for James Edward Sanders 1956...in the Globe
it says James Edward Sanders died at the East General Hospital on April 19 1956.  In his 75th year.  Member of the Imperial Lodge A.F. & A.M. No 543 G.R.C,  also Cheltenham Lodge S.O.E.   Husband of the late Edith Florence Sanders, 150 Langley Ave, Toronto. Father of James William.  Interment St. Johns Norway.

RK

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 10 October 22 09:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks all, yes the person who contacted me mentioned a second marriage to a Sadie. They are going to try to give me access to their tree,so all should become clear. I wanted to make sure my information was correct, which it is, so thanks for that.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 10 October 22 09:37 BST (UK) »

RK.

One of the family trees lists a James Wayne "Skip" Sanders born 17 May 1943 Toronto who died  19 March 1985 Toronto as a son of James Sanders and Dorothy Clarke ??  Buried Mount Pleasant Cemetery. Toronto.  Would there be an obituary for this chap which may or may not help prove if it is the same family ?

FIND A GRAVE

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/97730764/james-wayne-sanders

This headstone inscription says he was the husband of Joan Alice Mitchell.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/97730764/james-wayne-sanders

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 10 October 22 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi,

James Wayne Sanders died on March 19 1985 at the North York General Hospital.  Husband of Joan.  Father of L and J.  Son of Dorothy (Mrs Allen Quail) and the late James Sanders.  Brother of S (Mrs R Larose)

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 10 October 22 16:25 BST (UK) »
Obit for Dorothy - Mrs Allen Quail - says she died on Feb 26 1992.  Wife of the late Allen Quail.  Mother of S and her husband R Larose, and the late James Sanders.  Grandmother of L and J.  Sister of the late Elizabeth Reeve, Sadie Levitt and Gertrude McCallum.  Interment Resthaven Memorial Gardens.

RK