Author Topic: PINKNEY; Susan/Susannah baptism Ilketshall about 1759  (Read 1069 times)

Offline lintywhite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
PINKNEY; Susan/Susannah baptism Ilketshall about 1759
« on: Monday 10 October 22 10:08 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for the baptism and parents of Susan/Susannah PINKNEY/PINKNY born about 1759 probably in Ilketshall. I suspect her parents are John Pinkney and Elizabeth Watson who were baptising children in this area at that time. 

Family trees on Ancestry include several children but there is a gap where Susannah would fit. To my knowledge the Ilketshall baptisms are not available online and I have exhausted all avenues available to me here in Australia.

If anyone has time to look for this baptisms I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Jenny, Brisbane Australia

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PINKNEY; Susan/Susannah baptism Ilketshall about 1759
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 October 22 10:47 BST (UK) »
I note that the only tree on Ancestry that mentions Susannah 1759, is a private tree, you could contact the owner for more details.

Some of the other trees refer to the burials of the John & Elizabeth you mention as being at Rumburgh, Suffolk. These burials can be seen on https://www.freereg.org.uk

If you are not certain that they are the parents of Susannah you could consider below.

Susanna Pinkney
Baptism Date:   22 Oct 1751
Baptism Place:   Wissett, Suffolk, England
Father:   Wm. Pinkney
Mother:   Lydia Pinkney

Wissett, Suffolk is 4 miles South of Ilketshall St Andrew, Suffolk.

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline lintywhite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 October 22 23:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the prompt reply Colin. I will follow up with the private Ancestry tree but I had no idea you could view what was in a private tree.

Jenny

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 October 22 10:05 BST (UK) »
Just to clarify, this is all you will see other than the tree owner.

Susanna Pinkeney
Record information.
Birth   1759 Suffolk, England

Good Luck.

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline lintywhite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 October 22 23:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks Colin. I suspect these records that only show the year of Susan's date of birth have estimated it from her death record rather than find her baptism record. [ie what I have done myself]

The search continues.... :)

Jenny

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 08 June 23 15:38 BST (UK) »
I've had a look at all the Ilketshall parish transcripts at the records office today, and I saw the baptisms of children of John Pinkney (written as Pinkenny in the transcript) and Elizabeth Watson, and Susan/nah doesn't appear between Robert in 1757 and John in 1761 in any of the Ilketshall parishes.

Offline lintywhite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 13 June 23 03:32 BST (UK) »
Thank you Annes. I appreciate you taking the time to check this for me. I will look elsewhere for her parents now.

Apologies for the late acknowledgment as I have been away on holidays and have only just returned home.

Thanks again.