Author Topic: Find My Past 1921 full access now included in Premium subscription  (Read 9369 times)

Offline Liza115

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Find My Past 1921 full access now included in Premium subscription
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 11 October 22 22:23 BST (UK) »
Is there any information about whether the census images will be accessible without extra charge through libraries that have a subscription? I assume that for a regular library subscription to Findmypast.com this has not been available so far, except at TNA and the few other UK libraries that have had them available from the start.
Palfrey - Radnorshire, Wales
Odell - Ontario, Canada
Gilmour - Newton Mearns, Renfrewshire, Scotland
Hare - Ipswich, Suffolk, England and Limerick, Ireland
Price - Antrim, Down, (now Northern) Ireland
Freeman - Waterford and Tramore, Ireland
Taylor - Taunton, Somerset, England
Helyar - Clifton, Bristol, England

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 11 October 22 22:35 BST (UK) »
Woohoo… wish I had seen this post earlier today. If I start checking now I will be up for hours.

Thank you for letting us know.

Now where’s the coffee  ;D
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 October 22 06:02 BST (UK) »
Yeah, well I thought with the impetus of 1921 confirming a few things, I thought I'd rattle through a few hints.

After rattling through about 50 people, I've got my hints list down from 14,000 records to 15,000 records. ( 3k people in tree).

It's gonna take a while.
Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 17 December 22 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Odd, I just upgraded for the remainder of mine (6-7 weeks left) for their £19.99

Pauline

I've 6/7 weeks left and am being offered £19.99 to upgrade with renewal Nov 30th at £199.99. But it doesn't indicate if my 15% loyalty discount will apply at that time. I am assuming it will.

My sub is up for renewal in about a fortnight, and FindMyPast have confirmed to me that I'll be able to upgrade at that point, so long as I ask them beforehand. Others here have been told the same - see this thread:

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=866574.0

FindMyPast also told me that the loyalty discount will apply as usual, so the Premium £199.99 will be reduced to £169.99.

Your description of the subs/renewal prices they are showing sounds just like mine, but they confirmed that the discount would be applied anyway at the point of payment. Funnily, though, someone somewhere posted a screenshot earlier today where their page showed the price after discount - in their case Pro at £152.99.

Last December 2021 I renewed for 12 months my Find My Past Pro membership (including full British newspaper access) in one annual payment of £135.99 (that figure included their Loyalty Discount for renewing on expiry of the previous year), but had to pay extra for any full 1921 transcription downloaded.

I have just been informed to renew for 12 months will be £179.99 but ...

However, in the list of claims f m p make to justify increasing the price, it says ... "Plus, as a 12-month subscriber, you will continue to receive your 15% loyalty discount if you renew for another 12 months."

Looking at the increase amount f m p also give (increase per month), it must equate to £179.99 less 15%, for 12 Months.

1921 Census
However, I cannot see any offer of the 1921 Census full transcription nor 1921 image being included?

Mark

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 December 22 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Mark

The Premium sub now gives full access to the 1921 at no extra cost.

If I recall correctly,  this was introduced in October.

Pro does not. Include the 1921.
Premium is the sub which does.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 20 March 23 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Gadget and the quote from Pauline, Mark

Offline Sandrafamilytree

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 20 March 23 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Is there any information about whether the census images will be accessible without extra charge through libraries that have a subscription? I assume that for a regular library subscription to Findmypast.com this has not been available so far, except at TNA and the few other UK libraries that have had them available from the start.

I think, in another Rootschat thread a little while back, a few members reported that their local libraries were now offering free access to 1921, as part of their Find My Past subscriptions.

When I read that, I contacted my own local authority library and they said they planned to offer free 1921 access, 'hopefully soon.' It hasn't happened yet, but it was their definite intention. (I have a large list of names ready and waiting!)

Maybe you could contact your library or local studies centre and see if they plan to do this too, if you haven't already?

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 21 March 23 11:37 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately mine doesn't offer FindMyPast access at all.
North East of England