Author Topic: Sarah Fielden 1824-1856  (Read 668 times)

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Fielden 1824-1856
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 02 November 22 02:13 GMT (UK) »
.......her daughter is shown as Sarah Jane Crabtree 1876-1939, who married John Abraham Farrow.

From the marriage register, Sarah Jane's father was Henry CRABTREE, a mechanic.  She was aged 25 in 1901.  Looking at census and birth registrations, her mother was Mary BUTTERWORTH.

Again, I cannot see any family tree that shows Sarah FIELDEN as the mother of this Sarah Jane CRABTREE.

Debra  :)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 November 22 11:24 GMT (UK) »
.......her daughter is shown as Sarah Jane Crabtree 1876-1939, who married John Abraham Farrow.

From the marriage register, Sarah Jane's father was Henry CRABTREE, a mechanic.  She was aged 25 in 1901.  Looking at census and birth registrations, her mother was Mary BUTTERWORTH.

Again, I cannot see any family tree that shows Sarah FIELDEN as the mother of this Sarah Jane CRABTREE.

Debra  :)

I agree wholeheartedly - Sarah Jane Crabtree who married John Abraham Farrow - her birth reg'd Mar.1876 Rochdale, mmn Butterworth.   From trees I've looked at no-one appears to have got the marriage certificate for Henry Crabtree and Mary Butterworth.  Certainly her mother was not a Mary Fielden!!!

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Althea7

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 November 22 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Thanks everyone.  It looks as though ThruLines has mixed up families with the same names.  Without meticulously combing through all birth, marriage and death records, including Informants on death certificates to confirm it is the right family, a poor computer program could easily get confused with all the Fieldens and Crabtrees in this area.

I think this ThruLines attribution of ancestors to a DNA match is wrong.