Author Topic: Henry Randall of Kidderminster 1800  (Read 391 times)

Online QueenoftheWest

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Randall of Kidderminster 1800
« Reply #9 on: Monday 17 October 22 20:08 BST (UK) »
Just had another look at Henry and I think I may have found him... living 141 miles away in Somerset with his new family.

I noticed that his daughter Elizabeth (Betsy) Randall married Isaac Marks in West Coker, Somerset. I wondered whether there was a family connection to West Coker, so I had a look for a Henry Randall/Rendall in this area.

Then I found this family in the 1851 census:

- Henry Randell, Head, Married, Male, age 52, born c.1799, occupation Glaizer, born in West Coker, Somerset.
- Henry Randell, Son, Unmarried, Male, age 12, born c.1839, Scholar, born in West Coker, Somerset.
- Isabella Randell, Daughter, Unmarried, Female, age 8, born c.1843, Scholar, born in West Coker, Somerset.
- Lucy Moors, Lodger, Married, Female, age 63, born c.1788, Servant, born in West Coker, Somerset.
- Sarah Moors, Lodger, Unmarried, Female, age 36, born c.1815, Glover, born in West Coker, Somerset.

The occupation immediately stood out to me, as Henry had been described as a glazier on his children's baptism records.

It appears that Henry and his partner, Sarah Moors, with whom he had several children, never married so he definitely was married to someone else. Could he have been married to Ann and father of Elizabeth? If Henry did leave Ann and go back to his hometown, it would explain why I cannot find a burial for Henry in Kidderminster.

Queenie  :)
Fidler - West Ilsley, Berkshire
Hamlin/Hamlyn - Long Sutton & Martock, Somerset
Head - Marlborough & Alton Priors, Wiltshire
Minson - Kingstone, Somerset/Symondsbury, Dorset
Owsley - Buckland St Mary, Somerset
Pyke - (West) Weeke/Wick, Pewsey, Wiltshire
Salisbury - Dowlish Wake/West Dowlish, Somerset

Offline Dean Wells

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Randall of Kidderminster 1800
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 October 22 04:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you both so much for the very interesting information you found on my ancestor Henry Randall,I did not know any of this except the West coker,Somerset information,but I just thought that Elizabeth Betsy Randall had married Isaac marks,who I believe was born in Somerset,thank you both for clearing all of this up for me and for all your hard work,kindest regards Dean