Author Topic: James Thomas Serjeant/Sergeant/Sargent  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Thomas Serjeant/Sergeant/Sargent
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 30 October 22 01:43 GMT (UK) »
Glad to help, Julie
I cannot find Ellen and William Anslow in the 1891 census – goodness knows what name they might be mis-transcribed as.

These are their children (they lost a few in infancy):
1.   William Anslow born 1868? - married in 1886 Walworth to Elizabeth Harriett HONOUR
2.   James Anslow born 1871 died 1875
3.   Frances Anslow born 1876 –  married 1894 Southwark to John Healey (Witnesses: sister or sister-in-law Elizabeth, and William - brother or father? Probably brother and his wife.)
4.   Mary Ann Anslow born 1879; died 1880
5.   Hannah Anslow born 1881; died 1882
6.   Elizabeth Anslow born 1883 - ?? don’t know what became of her

There is a possible sighting in Southwark Workhouse in 1904 of Ellen Anslow age 52. Not enough information to know for sure if it is her.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Online maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 30 October 22 02:03 GMT (UK) »

N.B.
Ellen’s son, William ANSLOW married in 1886 Walworth to Elizabeth Harriett HONOUR.
Your James Sarjant was a witness at this marriage.
This is the family that you record a DNA link with on your Anc tree.

This William and Elizabeth (with their children William and Elizabeth) are at 5 Etham St, Southwark in 1891
RG12/344/127 pg32

I can't see William and Ellen on Etham St in 1891, though they may be elsewhere.

Offline Korowe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 30 October 22 05:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Maddys52, I've been able to trace through the families to my DNA link. I've also ordered the marriage certificate of William and Ellen as I'm looking for the names of Ellen's parents to be 100% I'm on the right track.

Offline Korowe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 30 October 22 05:33 GMT (UK) »
Glad to help, Julie
I cannot find Ellen and William Anslow in the 1891 census – goodness knows what name they might be mis-transcribed as.

These are their children (they lost a few in infancy):
1.   William Anslow born 1868? - married in 1886 Walworth to Elizabeth Harriett HONOUR
2.   James Anslow born 1871 died 1875
3.   Frances Anslow born 1876 –  married 1894 Southwark to John Healey (Witnesses: sister or sister-in-law Elizabeth, and William - brother or father? Probably brother and his wife.)
4.   Mary Ann Anslow born 1879; died 1880
5.   Hannah Anslow born 1881; died 1882
6.   Elizabeth Anslow born 1883 - ?? don’t know what became of her

There is a possible sighting in Southwark Workhouse in 1904 of Ellen Anslow age 52. Not enough information to know for sure if it is her.

Thank you! I've been able to trace the family line back to my DNA links which comes through George the son of William and Elizabeth Harriet Honour. I've added them all to my family tree and also ordered the marriage certificate of William and Ellen (Meakings/Meakins etc) which I hope will confirm Ellen's parents and hence those of Caroline.