Author Topic: Ancestry discount  (Read 11635 times)

Offline frostyknight

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry discount
« Reply #72 on: Friday 03 February 23 12:02 GMT (UK) »
I didn't get anything better than 4 months premium for £20 (€24). I really needed the world sub as about 45% of my research is in the USA, but couldn't afford full price at the moment  :'(

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Friday 03 February 23 12:19 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried "chat" and phone ?

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Online ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 04 February 23 11:27 GMT (UK) »
I couldn't get a discount on Worldwide either.  Didn't have a sub last year as I had a very cheap offer from FindMyPast so I used that.  As a result I have over 30000 hints waiting to be checked out, as noted by the person I spoke to.  I will clear the UK ones, the other's will just have to sit there.  They did offer me advice as to how to clear them, I pointed out that after nearly 30 years I had a fair idea of how to do this.

Yes, I know most of them will end up being ignored but it is always useful to have a look before throwing them in the bin!  :-)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline frostyknight

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Saturday 04 February 23 12:54 GMT (UK) »

Sandra

I didn't try chat. I took the £20 offer so I can view other people's trees. Doubly annoying as I have an intriguing hint in the Drouin collection of Canada. I'll just have to wait until there's, hopefully, a worldwide offer in the future.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Saturday 04 February 23 12:59 GMT (UK) »

Sandra

I didn't try chat. I took the £20 offer so I can view other people's trees. Doubly annoying as I have an intriguing hint in the Drouin collection of Canada. I'll just have to wait until there's, hopefully, a worldwide offer in the future.

If you give the details we can take a look at the Drouin collection for you.  :)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline frostyknight

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Saturday 04 February 23 13:13 GMT (UK) »

Sandra

If you give the details we can take a look at the Drouin collection for you.  :)

Sandra

Oh, thanks, Sandra. I didn't know whether it'd be OK to ask for a lookup. I'll post a request later in the Common Room when I'm on the laptop, with the details to hand. I'm on my mobile at the moment.  :)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Saturday 04 February 23 13:17 GMT (UK) »

No problem. Just reword your request without asking for a look up.  :)

Sandra

Offline frostyknight

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Saturday 04 February 23 13:19 GMT (UK) »
I'll do that. Thanks Sandra.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Sunday 05 February 23 03:03 GMT (UK) »
Thought I'd post a reminder...

Please check...Reply #55 on: Sunday 15 January 23 18:51 GMT (UK)

I feel people appreciate how you initially broach your request, how you converse with them (your tone etc.) as opposed to a written request on chat which may not have the same effect  :-\

"Hi, Good morning/afternoon,

I'm actually calling regarding renewing my annual subscription which expired/expires (date)...
& was wondering if you could please check if there are any offers as I was really hoping to get the WW (or whatever deal you want) with 50% discount again as I've had it for 'x' years which I really appreciated & found affordable & would really love to continue for another year at the same price"

The woman I spoke to was very nice, said she'd have a look at my account & was quite chatty in the process...maybe she likes a 'Scottish' accent  ;D...
I had no problem at all.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"