Author Topic: Edward Whitehead  (Read 214 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Edward Whitehead
« on: Friday 28 October 22 15:47 BST (UK) »
Commonwealth War Graves Commission are appealing for blood relatives of Pvt Edward Whitehead -  service no 3952 - Manchester Regiment - died 2/3/1917 - buried Crompton Cemetery.

The Commission are in the process of producing a special memorial to commemorate him as it is not possible to mark his grave.

UK, World War I Pension Ledgers and Index Cards, 1914-1923

Pte Edward Whitehead - 2 March 1917 - service number 3952 Manchester Regiment.
Mother Margaret Agnes Whitehead - residence    Lugley Brook Royton Lancs.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Whitehead
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 October 22 18:14 BST (UK) »
That will be Luzley Brook, Sandra  :)

There are two of those records with the same regimental number. One with mother Margaret and one with mother Florence  ???

CWGC shows mother as Florence.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 October 22 05:20 BST (UK) »
Mother was Florence.

Parents were Thomas Whitehead bc.1845 Crompton, Lancashire and Florence Williams who married Sept.1892 Oldham.   Edward was their only child.

However, Florence was his second wife - he first married an Ann Turner Sept.1866 Oldham and they had: Robert b.Jun.1868, James Jun.1870, Ambrose Mar.1874 and Joseph Sept.1876.

1st wife Ann died between 1881 and 1891 (when Thomas a widower) - 2nd wife Florence is living with and shown as step mother to Robert Whitehead in 1911 (cannot find son Edward).

So, only relatives to Edward must come from his 4 older half-brothers shown above.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 29 October 22 10:48 BST (UK) »
That will be Luzley Brook, Sandra  :)

There are two of those records with the same regimental number. One with mother Margaret and one with mother Florence  ???

CWGC shows mother as Florence.

:) :)  Thank you - obviously had a mental block.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 29 October 22 10:48 BST (UK) »
Mother was Florence.

Parents were Thomas Whitehead bc.1845 Crompton, Lancashire and Florence Williams who married Sept.1892 Oldham.   Edward was their only child.

However, Florence was his second wife - he first married an Ann Turner Sept.1866 Oldham and they had: Robert b.Jun.1868, James Jun.1870, Ambrose Mar.1874 and Joseph Sept.1876.

1st wife Ann died between 1881 and 1891 (when Thomas a widower) - 2nd wife Florence is living with and shown as step mother to Robert Whitehead in 1911 (cannot find son Edward).

So, only relatives to Edward must come from his 4 older half-brothers shown above.

Annette

Thanks Annette.

Sandra