Author Topic: St Michael & All Angels, South Normanton  (Read 275 times)

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Michael & All Angels, South Normanton
« on: Friday 28 October 22 18:15 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Does anyone have access for the burial records for above church for 1926 and 1966.  Looking for burial of Ethel May Bond died July Qtr 1926, also burial of Hubert Harold Bond 1966 have seen on findagrave site a monument for Hubert but not sure of actual burial.

Thank you for any help given on this.

Nottsgirl1
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline Dizzifish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: St Michael & All Angels, South Normanton
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 October 22 10:26 BST (UK) »
Hi nottsgirl1,  :)

We have Hubert Harold on our tree, he was cousin to our grandfather.
I don't know where Ethel was buried but not in South Normanton, she died in Nottingham and was born Sneinton.... maybe she was buried near where she lived/died or other family were buried? She isn't in deceasedonline records.

Hubert Harold Bond was cremated at Mansfield.
BOND Hubert Harold
Cremation Number = 7457
Date of Death = 25/02/1966

The grave at South Normanton must have been a remembrance memorial.
The grave is of  Samuel  Gersham Taylor and his wife Sarah (Bond nee Riley).
Sarah was the widow of Hiram Bond and mother to Hubert Harold.

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 October 22 10:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Dizzifish,

Good to hear from you it's been a long time.

Ok thanks, I'm doing some research for a great grandson of Ethel's and Hubert Bond, I knew she died in Nottingham but as she had lived in South Normanton in 1921 thought it was possible she was buried there it was a long shot.  I had looked on deceased on line and came up with nothing.  As don't know where she lived in Nottingham in 1926 wouldn't know which Churches to look at and also not all church records post 1900 are in Nottingham archives. I did find a Ethel Mary Bond in 1936 on the Gedling Cemetery burial database that's on line but the only Ethel Mary Bond death was in Woolwich, so was wondering if the record was transcribed wrong or it was the one from Woolwich.

Again Thanks for the info I'll past it on although he might already have it.

NG1
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 29 October 22 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Dizzifish,

Have been in touch with the grandson and he says the ashes of Hubert 1966 and his son are buried in the grave.

NG1

Offline Dizzifish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 29 October 22 16:13 BST (UK) »
Hi....

Yes, I was thinking that the grave might have their ashes.

Just a couple of things to add and hopefully at some point Ethel May will turn up.
I am looking forward to the next batch of  Notts P/R's next spring (fingers crossed).

I see that Hubert Harold  & Ethel May Bond were in Nottingham in the spring of 1926
34, Walker Street, Nottingham. Byron Ward ( which I think is Sneinton). source: F_M_P

I wondered if they went to be closer to her family especially if she was ill and the children were very young ? But if I have the correct parents for Ethel I think they had died by the time the Bond family were in Nottingham.

May just give you more information to look  :-\

Am I correct in thinking you have the Notts FHS Monumental Inscriptions ?

There are 26 entries for Morrell's ..... but these 3 stood out...

MORRELL Ethel M - 1912 - 8mths - Nottingham Church Cemetery - section St Anns Valley - sub section 01 - Grave number 8628 - stone number 1 - inscription order 12 - Common Grave number 8628
~ ~ ~

MORRELL William - 1913 - 43 yrs - Nottingham Church Cemetery - section St Anns Valley - sub section 02 - Grave number 8850 - stone number 2- inscription order 4 - Common Grave number 8850
~ ~ ~

MORRELL Annie E - 1914 - 43yrs - Nottingham Church Cemetery - section St Anns Valley - sub section 02 - Grave number 9015 - stone number 1 - inscription order 1- Common Grave number 9015
~ ~ ~

William Morrell married Annie Elizabeth Walker at St Paul's, Nottm - 1890

The little girl called Ethel that was buried in 1912 was Ethel May the daughter of  Charles Morrell & Annie E Freeman..... Charles was the brother of the Ethel May who married Hubert Harold Bond.

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 29 October 22 17:01 BST (UK) »
Hi

Thank you so much for those yes Bryon ward is Sneinton. Now we know where she was living I'll check to see which churches Nottingham Archives have for burials for that year.
Yes I have all the NFHS parish disc including the Monument one, I did look for her on it but didn't think to look for her parents so a Big Thank you, I think I'll check there graves next time I'm on the archives just in case she is with them and been missed off deceased on line.
Again a big thank you for your help.
NG1