Author Topic: DNA Journey Alison Steadman and Larry Lamb  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DNA Journey Alison Steadman and Larry Lamb
« on: Saturday 05 November 22 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Anybody watch this last night on ITV?

DNA Journey
Alison Steadman and Larry Lamb

Series 4 - Episode 4- Two Gavin and Stacey faves - Larry Lamb and Alison Steadman - embark on a road trip to find out their family history through DNA and genealogy.

https://www.itv.com/hub/dna-journey/2a5252a0010

I found Alison's father's story fascinating with both dna and archive records pointing to him being adopted. Anything with an Isle of Man connection is of interest to me and I loved them visiting Malew Church where a lot of my ancestors are buried. I was there myself several weeks ago on a lovely sunny day. It's surrounded by fields it's a great place to walk to if the weather's nice. We walked from Ballasalla to Malew Church then on to Castletown.

Blue

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DNA Journey Alison Steadman and Larry Lamb
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 November 22 00:19 GMT (UK) »
I watched the programme and felt that it was a good job Larry Lamb was in the programme to lighten the atmosphere, as Alison Steadman's manner was quite depressing.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DNA Journey Alison Steadman and Larry Lamb
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 November 22 00:29 GMT (UK) »
Larry Lamb knows at least some of his FH - he was in series 8 of Who Do You Think You Are.

Don’t know if Alison Steadman’s been on.