Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 13th November  (Read 5086 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 13th November
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 10 November 22 07:42 GMT (UK) »
That method of determining which variant someone has is probably the same here too Pharma. I wouldn’t even know where to go to get a PCR test these days. A few months ago when a negative test was required for international travel, a negative test had to be produced before boarding. Very few places did them even then, and the cost averaged over $100.

Good to know that you can refuse any tests involving numbers.  ;D

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 10 November 22 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Very tired today, body feels heavy, and my head is fuzzy.  Slept from 0930 to 1300 when I got home yesterday.  Then I slept from about 2100 to just before 3am.  Got up for a but then back for a couple of hours.

Collecting my younger daughter at 1pm for an appointment so I need to get some energy as need to get the house cleaned from top to bottom before then as back to day shift tomorrow.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 10 November 22 11:19 GMT (UK) »
It is sad but I would say necessary ,that Nurses are taking action re the hours ,relatively low pay for the skills and dedication that are expected and given.

That dedication has held them back in a way , but it ought to have been recognised and rewarded without nurses being pushed into strike action .

I hope they get a fair deal , the ridiculous pay of say professional footballers as example is obscene by comparison .

Viktoria.

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 10 November 22 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Completely agree Viktoria, it's all very well showing our appreciation by standing on our doorsteps clapping during the lockdown but it's time the government recognised their true worth to us. It's not just about pay, the whole system needs a shakeup so that nurses are not going home exhausted after too long and gruelling shifts. But while they're looking at pay they might also like to consider the hefty parking fees that staff have to pay at hospitals. Also, I believe nurses have to pay £120 a year to keep their nursing registration. I'd be interested to know if any other professions have to pay similar charges.

On an entirely different note- let me start off by saying I'm a big fan of the money saving expert and I value his advice. This isn't a criticism of him, more a warning to be a bit cleverer than me!

This week's MSE newsletter contains advice about energy saving, a topic very much in the news at the moment. One of the items said "Is your fridge and freezer too cool? Fridges should be 5°C, freezers -18°C. If yours are lower, you're wasting energy."

I duly went and checked my fridge, I had it set at 2 so I whacked it up to 5. When I took out the olive spread today it was anything but spready. On checking the handbook for my fridge I read that 5 is the coldest setting. Silly me.  :-[  It's back down to 2 now.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 10 November 22 16:08 GMT (UK) »
Most professionals have to pay for registration.  Doctors are registered with GMC, pharmacists with GPhC, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, paramedics etc are with HCPC.  All have some sort of revalidation which usually involves work in your own time.  I have heard that I earn £36K (I don't), even heard I earn £45K (definitely not) and other wild things like 25 hr min  and much higher we don't.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 10 November 22 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info PharmaT.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 10 November 22 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Hope you feel better soon LM. Just have a restful few days and think of the lovely birthday week you had.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 10 November 22 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all, must admit I don't feel so good today,  but I will  get there,  day 2

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday 11 November 22 07:02 GMT (UK) »
Just popping in to say I am sorry that you didn't feel too good yesterday LM.  Day 3 now - you will get there.  Have a restful week, it is said that sleep is a great healer.
Hope you feel back to your usual self very soon.

I really like your new avatar for this week Roobarb.  It looks very striking.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner