Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 13th November  (Read 5089 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 13th November
« Reply #54 on: Friday 11 November 22 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you RTL
I  feel a bit better today, have had a shower and got dresses , can't stand my wobblt bits without support if I am up and about
Daughter now tested positive, not surprising really as we were all together at the weekend
Sun out here, looks a beautiful day
Keep safe everyone and stay masked

Lm
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 11 November 22 09:53 GMT (UK) »
Pleased to hear you're getting better LM. Make sure you still get plenty of rest, I and many others found that trying to get back to normal too quickly is not a good idea. Hope your daughter doesn't suffer too badly.

I really like your new avatar for this week Roobarb.  It looks very striking.

Thanks RTL, a small mark of respect from me. Remembrance day today, always poignant.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 11 November 22 10:09 GMT (UK) »
L.M.Vitamin C and D are great pic me ups .
As has been so sensibly advised ,don’t rush things or recovery may take longer with more side effects .

Yes Remembrance Sunday but of course the 11 th today ,I need shopping but will wait  until  the two minutes silence at 11.,well at 10-55.

A dark dull day but quite mild, I might get down to our town’s new War Memorial.
Look after yourselves everyone.
Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Friday 11 November 22 19:49 GMT (UK) »
That's very good to hear that you haved picked up today LM.  :) Sorry to hear your daughter now has this too, I hope her symptoms are only mild ones. 

My diary:
Had a phone appointment with the doctor yesterday.  It was over an hour late as the doctor had been so busy. I'd had to have a follow up blood test as no one had told me that the first one should have been a fasting test.  However, it was found out from first test alone that cholesterol is up so I knew that second test would likely only confirm it.  This Doctor seems very nice to talk to and has a warm and friendly manner.  I will make a note of her name and if I ever need to go to the surgery for anything I will try to see this one.  Anyway, upshot is I will now be on statins and iron tablets.  I am quite relieved about the iron as I have been feeling so tired and worn out for so long.
Went to the chemist this morning and obtained these meds. 
Outside the chemist bumped into a lady from Church and ended up having a long natter.  Then off to the library and found what looks like a really good advice book called 'Lower Cholesterol' by Catherine Butterfield.  Ooh! It looks really good .. easy reading and lots of bright, colourful pictures, diet advice and recipes.  I think I will enjoy looking at this. 
In the library, a staff member came up to me and asked if I would like to have a free tea or coffee and some biscuits.  I asked "What's this in aid of?". She said that they are trying to do their bit to keep people warmed up this winter.  That's nice.  I thought straight off I wouldn't have a biscuit but then I over ran my time looking at the books so ended up having no time to have the free drink either.
Next off to Newcastle to meet up with Sister in law.  Always nice to see her and chat.
Fenwick's have their Christmas window on display.  Wasn't sure what this was based on this year but I googled and apparently it is something to do with a 'Clarice Bean and Think Like An Elf'. 
It has been quite a blustery day here in the North east.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 11 November 22 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Good to hear you got sorted out with the iron tablets RTL, I hope they soon pick you up. I had to take them when I was in my late teens, they did me the world of good.
If the statins don't suit you make sure you tell your doctor straightaway, they can soon change you onto a different one. Nice to have found a doctor who suits you too, makes the whole experience so much easier

Yes it's certainly been a blustery one, seems to have died down now. We do seem to have had a lot of high winds lately don't we?
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Saturday 12 November 22 09:45 GMT (UK) »
Was very windy yesterday, was very loud.  Then very heavy rain later in the day.  Another mad day at work.  we actually had staff for that shift but drastically short for night shift.  We ran out or queuing space in the ambulance bay before Noon.

Was the anniversary of my dad's death yesterday so a bit worried about my mum.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 12 November 22 10:42 GMT (UK) »
How long since your Dad died Pharma?
It never goes away especially if it was a good marriage.
My son’s don’t do anything but my daughter always sends a card and I have flowers in for all occasions.
That helps a bit, abd I think my husband would be much older than your Dad, in poor health with heart failure and the total suddenness was a mercy.
If you have time,and I know that could be a big if, find a moment or two to ask things ,it is a sort of catharsis to the nearest person.
It will help you too.
Kind regards.
Viktoria.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 12 November 22 10:57 GMT (UK) »
He died 23 years ago Viktoria.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 12 November 22 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Doesn't stop you reminiscing  about the good memories with your mum, and you Viktoria about your husband, no one can take your memories away,  my mum and I never stopped talking about things we did together as a family,  not morbidly , happy things

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London