Author Topic: Caroline Mapley/Mappley Baptism Birth record  (Read 873 times)

Offline Korowe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Caroline Mapley/Mappley Baptism Birth record
« on: Wednesday 16 November 22 08:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I'm looking for a Baptism or Birth Record for Caroline Mapley (Mappley etc) born approximately 1820 (as per 1841 census) in Buckinghamshire or surrounds. She is the daughter of Michael Mapley (1793-1866) and Eleanor Elmes (1795-1862). Their first child Charlotte was baptised in 1818 in St Giles Stoney Stratford as per the baptism record from Find My Past. Caroline was the next child but I've been unable to find any Baptism record. The next child is a daughter Harriet was baptised 1823 in  Towcester, Northamptonshire and all subsequent children were baptised in Bermondsey SE London. The families of Michael and Eleanor are from Stoney Stratford and Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire.

Caroline Mapley married William Meakings in 1840 in Bermondsey, he was also from Stoney Stratford.
They are both in the 1841 census living with Caroline's parents and siblings with their new born daughter Mary Ann, in Bermondsey SE London.

I seemed to have exhausted Find My Past, My Heritage and Ancestry for any records using all variations of the spelling of Mapley any ideas on where I can go from here?

I've also started to think that she isn't actually the daughter of Michael and Eleanor? despite Michael being named on the marriage record.... anything is possible!

Many thanks
Julie

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Caroline Mapley/Mappley Baptism Birth record
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 November 22 15:46 GMT (UK) »
Just a thought but is there a separate Charlotte?  I mean was she definitely a different little girl to Caroline in case the baptism you found was for her.

If you can find Charlotte later on then scrap that idea but sometimes the same person can appear under different names. 
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Korowe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Caroline Mapley/Mappley Baptism Birth record
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 November 22 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Just a thought but is there a separate Charlotte?  I mean was she definitely a different little girl to Caroline in case the baptism you found was for her.

If you can find Charlotte later on then scrap that idea but sometimes the same person can appear under different names.

Thank you, I never thought about that as a possibility but in this case there is a separate Charlotte, she went on to marry an Edward Manvell and I have located her and her family in all the census data. Harriett is also a separate person and I have her marriage and baptisim records.