Author Topic: James Gardner, age 3, son of William, d. Nov 1858, Islington - death cert attchd  (Read 296 times)

Offline TNGeneWhiz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
In searching for my James Gardner's death, I ordered this certificate that turned out to be for a 3-year-old son of William, a Smith's Laborer, resident of Islington (looks like 34 Upper Pembroke Street).

I don't need the cert, but someone might.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: James Gardner, age 3, son of William, d. Nov 1858, Islington - death cert attchd
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 November 22 13:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi

If your ancestor died before 1864/5 the entry on freebmd won’t show his age which can make it difficult to establish the right death

You can use GRO online (free) to get that info.  In buying this death cert you will have created a login id so use that plus the info from any possibilities you find on freebmd to search & check age at death.  You can search 2 years either side of the year you input - see column to the right of the year. (Eg) if you input 1857 as your year - select 2 from the right hand box & it will search 1855-1859

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/Login.asp

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)