Author Topic: Looking for Birth or Baptism record Dublin about 1874  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Purpeller

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Birth or Baptism record Dublin about 1874
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 November 22 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Have you searched under Noonan without a first name?
Lots of births registered without one.
I'd widen it out a few years either side of 1874. People often wrong about their age.
Dublin, Limerick, Carlow, Waterford, Wicklow, Pembrokeshire

Offline nasnas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 November 22 23:00 GMT (UK) »
 There is a Baptism 27 Oct 1875 (with date of birth 15 Oct 1875) in Liverpool at Our Lady of Reconciliation de la Salette. With William Noonan and Elizabeth Lawler as parents.  I did wonder about Georgina myself. Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline nasnas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 November 22 16:48 GMT (UK) »
I should have said my previous message bout the 1875 baptism was for Peter, a possible sibling.
I have been looking  for a birth with a different fore name that would fit. and the years before and after 1875, but nothing seems to fit. And I have been looking for baptisms that mention that birth date.The birth day 6 March 1874 could be wrong of course, I can understand she might be unsure where she was actually born, but if her sister is supposed to be Georgina McCormick nee Noonan, surely would give the correct information in 1881, although they didn't complete the form themselves. But I cannot find birth in England either. if Georgina was the mother, it should ome up as Noonan.

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 20 November 22 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Another sibling? There is an Eliza Noonan baptised 6 February 1861 (born 20 Jan 1861) in St. Paul's Arran quay. Parents William Noonan and Eliza Lawlar, address 9 Grange Gorman. Sponsors Joseph and Mary Russell.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344

Offline nasnas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 20 November 22 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Oh, thank you. Very interesting,. Must be a sibling. As the one I am looking for was 25 when she married in 1900. This  one would have 39. I having been thinking today have I missed something.