Author Topic: Marriage help?!  (Read 745 times)

Offline Pouch81Uk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage help?!
« on: Saturday 19 November 22 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Hey all, I have been looking for a marriage of a Margaret (Peggy) Pouch/Pouche. She was born abt.1930 and I found out recently she passed away some years ago.

I found her birth record in Reading, England, her father Edward (my great grandfather) stayed in England after WW1 where he had served with the Irish Rifles. After Peggy was born Ed returned back to Ireland with his 2nd wife Jean where they had a 2nd child my grandfather Douglas Pouch around 1936.

I can’t find any record for Peggy’s marriage or death. I think she may of lived in the Newcastle/Rathcoole/Saggart area but I’m not 100% certain.

Any help on this would be very appreciated.

Tyrone

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage help?!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 November 22 17:29 GMT (UK) »
For reference, this looks like it could be the death of Peggy's father Edward-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1965/04237/4086138.pdf

That site is the place to find Irish civil records but more recent records are restricted on privacy grounds- here's what is available-
The years covered by the release of the historic Indexes to the Civil Records of Births, Marriages and Deaths are:
Births:1864 to 1921
Marriages: 1845* to 1946
Deaths: 1871** to 1971
*non-Roman Catholic Marriages are recorded from 1845, Roman Catholic Marriages are recorded from 1864
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 November 22 17:32 GMT (UK) »

Offline Pouch81Uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 19 November 22 17:40 GMT (UK) »
I did ask about the marriage before but it was taken down because I asked about living children 👍🏼

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 19 November 22 17:54 GMT (UK) »

Due to the 75 year rule for marriages, you won't find records on IrishGenealogy.

You will have to contact the GRO in Dublin and ask for a search to be carried out.
See: 
https://www.gov.ie/en/organisation-information/55ccbe-general-register-office-gro-research-facility/

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 19 November 22 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Just for information for you:
Margaret M Pouche was born in 1933, Reading. Mmn Lyons.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Pouch81Uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 19 November 22 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Thanks guys, I am new to the Irish research as I only found out about 12 months ago my Grandfather was Irish. I didn’t realise the time frames on Irish records so that certainly helps with why I can’t find certain records. I am in touch with a cousin who may be able to help but the GRO sounds like a good shout, I’ll certainly try there. I’m over for St.Patrick’s day so I’ll make enquiries when I’m in Dublin. 😎👍🏼

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 19 November 22 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Just for information for you:
Margaret M Pouche was born in 1933, Reading. Mmn Lyons.
Already posted on earlier thread.

Thanks guys, I am new to the Irish research as I only found out about 12 months ago my Grandfather was Irish. I didn’t realise the time frames on Irish records so that certainly helps with why I can find certain records. I am in touch with a cousin who may be able to help but the GRO sounds like a good shout, I’ll certainly try there. I’m over for St.Patrick’s day so I’ll make enquiries when I’m in Dublin. 😎👍🏼
St. Patrick's Day is a public holiday so many government offices are likely to be closed in Dublin.

Offline Pouch81Uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 19 November 22 19:42 GMT (UK) »
I’ll be going for a couple weeks as I’ll be planning on travelling around, I have cousins in Naas and Kildare. And I want to head south to Kerry for a few days.

😁