Author Topic: Mary Parks  (Read 1414 times)

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Parks
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 November 22 09:45 GMT (UK) »
Having posted the above is this Jane & 2 sons in 1861 census?

Piece:   2445
Folio:   102
Page number:   6
Household Members (Name)   Age   Relationship
Jane Parkes   70   Head
George Parkes
31   Son
James Parkes
26   Son

and in 1851 census

Piece:   2128
Folio:   391
Page Number:   9
Household Members:   
Name   Age
James Parkes   66
Jane Parkes   56
George Parkes   21

Deaths

PARKES, JANE       75 
GRO Reference: 1865  J Quarter in BASFORD  Volume 07B  Page 95

PARKES, JAMES       64 
GRO Reference: 1853  J Quarter in BASFORD  Volume 07B  Page 98

John

Offline QueenoftheWest

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 20 November 22 13:52 GMT (UK) »
The image of the marriage I can view seemingly does not show James as being a widower, or am I wrong.

James and Jane married by licence (presumably because James was not a resident of the parish) and FindMyPast holds the licenses for Lincolnshire.

Their marriage license states that James' age was 38, so born c.1791, his marital status was "widowed" and his parish was "from elsewhere."

Based on James' birth place in the 1851 census, there is this corresponding baptism:

James Parks, son of Edward & Jane Parks, baptised 6th February 1791 in Shelford, Nottinghamshire.

Queenie  :)
Fidler - West Ilsley, Berkshire
Hamlin/Hamlyn - Long Sutton & Martock, Somerset
Head - Marlborough & Alton Priors, Wiltshire
Minson - Kingstone, Somerset/Symondsbury, Dorset
Owsley - Buckland St Mary, Somerset
Pyke - (West) Weeke/Wick, Pewsey, Wiltshire
Salisbury - Dowlish Wake/West Dowlish, Somerset

Offline Jason Jase

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 November 22 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you everyone for your help

Offline Jason Jase

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 27 November 23 19:39 GMT (UK) »

So I am taking another look over Mary Parks on my tree since I don't have all the proof I need to fully state Mary Parks Parents.

As likely noticed in the marriage bans  of Mary and Fredrick Turton, has Mary's fathers name and occupation as just "deceased". I am not sure Their marriage cert would be any different. 

As stated before in this thread her age jumps around census to census born between 1836 to 1847
which is rather annoying.

Yet one thing stays the same on all census that are known to be her is the location of birth.
Stoke Bardolph, England, United Kingdom
(one census has a transcription error of Stow rather than Stoke)

Anyway so between 1837 and 1847 we have 45 registered births of people with the name Mary Park if she was born in 1836 it is before the GRO reg I am using so I don't know???

I went through them all and eliminated based on location only 40 of them. These 40 are born
+50km away from where my Mary Park should be born.

I found two more that were born 15km away from Stoke Bardolph  # 2 and #21 in the list bellow I was wondering if these are also possibilities? (I am not that familiar to English locations)

(The Mary Parks 1836 being Daughter to James Parkes and Jane Wells in is the one stated in this thread is still very possible)

2. PARKS, MARY       GRAVES   GRO Reference: 1838  S Quarter in SOUTHWELL  Volume 15  Page 615  (about 15km away)

21. PARKS, MARY  ANN     FARNSWORTH  GRO Reference: 1842  D Quarter in SOUTHWELL  Volume 15  Page 627 (15km away)

further away locations but the next closest on the lis of all Mary Parks
5. PARKS, MARY       BEASTALL  GRO Reference: 1839  S Quarter in OF MANSFIELD UNION  Volume 15  Page 500 (about 30km away)
12. PARKS, MARY       WILSON  GRO Reference: 1840  D Quarter in OF MANSFIELD UNION  Volume 15  Page 501 (about 30km away)
---
12. PARKS, MARY       WILSON  GRO Reference: 1840  D Quarter in OF MANSFIELD UNION  Volume 15  Page 501 (about 30km away)