Author Topic: Elizabeth Marion MACKAY b. abt 1875 Toronto. Who's her mother?  (Read 16518 times)

Offline fyremoon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Marion MACKAY b. abt 1875 Toronto. Who's her mother?
« Reply #99 on: Thursday 19 January 23 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone who helped out on this thread or was following.
I just wanted to come back and say that I have a DNA match with a descendant of Francis Birce/Birse, the half brother of Elizabeth Marion Mackay's mother, Sarah Jane Morrison.

I haven't identified other matches from these lines, but I thought that was pretty good confirmation of our research, so thank you all again.  :)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Thursday 19 January 23 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone who helped out on this thread or was following.
I just wanted to come back and say that I have a DNA match with a descendant of Francis Birce/Birse, the half brother of Elizabeth Marion Mackay's mother, Sarah Jane Morrison.

I haven't identified other matches from these lines, but I thought that was pretty good confirmation of our research, so thank you all again.  :)

Excellent, fyremoon! If you need any further help with Toronto records or information, please let us know. Thank you for giving us the update.  :)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Thursday 19 January 23 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Super! Thanks for the update.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline fyremoon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Friday 20 January 23 01:25 GMT (UK) »
You’re welcome! Love a good update :-)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Sunday 22 January 23 01:15 GMT (UK) »
So it should be Sarah Jane WRIGHT nee MORRISON... How do you write the MACKAY part?
Sorry, I seem to have missed posting a reply to that question...

Sarah Jane Wright, Previously MacKay, Nee/Maiden Surname Morrison

Thanks for the update, it's great to know the well researched help from wivenhoe & Lisa has been proven to be correct.

As an addition for your DNA matches, you may find the LEEDS Method very helpful...

https://www.danaleeds.com/the-leeds-method/

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline fyremoon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Sunday 22 January 23 05:07 GMT (UK) »
So it should be Sarah Jane WRIGHT nee MORRISON... How do you write the MACKAY part?
Sorry, I seem to have missed posting a reply to that question...

Sarah Jane Wright, Previously MacKay, Nee/Maiden Surname Morrison

Thanks for the update, it's great to know the well researched help from wivenhoe & Lisa has been proven to be correct.

As an addition for your DNA matches, you may find the LEEDS Method very helpful...

https://www.danaleeds.com/the-leeds-method/

Annie

Thanks Annie, I'll look into the LEEDS Method.
I'm so grateful for help of these wonderful contributors like Wivenhoe and Lisa on this forum!