Author Topic: Barnett burials in Salford, Oxfordshire  (Read 903 times)

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Barnett burials in Salford, Oxfordshire
« on: Sunday 20 November 22 20:34 GMT (UK) »
I’d be very grateful for help with the following: I haven’t found the burials of either John Barnett (alive, I think in the 1841 Census*) or his wife Mary (a widow, aged 73, in the 1851 Census), both in Salford, Oxfordshire. Presumably she died within the next 20 years or so. (The only parish register entry I have for the entire family is the baptism of their daughter Mary, in 1818, which may have come from Ancestry.)

(* I think that the John Barnett with Charles Barnett in his household in 1841 is the husband of the widow Mary Barnett with son Charles in 1851.)
ESSEX: Cramphorn Raven Sams Sayers Taylor; GLOS: Beacham/Beauchamp; HERTS: Chamberlain Chuck; LEICS: Allot Bentley Godfrey Greasley Hunt Hurst Jarvis Lane Lea Light Woodward; LINCS: Lambert Mitchell Muse ; STAFFS: Hodgkins Jarvis; SURREY: Light; WARKS: Astley/Chesshire Bradbury Hicken/Hickin Hudson; WORCS: Ballinger Beauchamp Laight

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Barnett burials in Salford, Oxfordshire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 November 22 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked freebmd to establish when & where they died.  You need that info before you can look for burials

If Mary is a widow in 1851 presumably John died between 1841-1851.  Ages at death are not shown pre 1864 but are available using GRO online.   If you find a likely candidate use the freebmd details to search here for age at death

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/Login.asp

If Mary was alive in 1851 & can’t be found in 1861 use freebmd to look for her death & GRO online for age

Registration district for Salford was Chipping Norton

www.freebmd.org.uk

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 November 22 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Here you are
Salford Oxfordshire
John Barnett buried 7 April 1850 age 67 years of Salford
Mary Barnett 17 April 1852 age 74 years of Salford

Sophia infant 19 Feb  1824 infant
John Barnett 28 Oct 1833 8 days
John Barnett infant buried 19 April 1852 of Salford seems to be the only other burials there 1812-1860

Other children baptised there George  12 April 1812 s of John and Mary Barnett
John 15 Sep 1814 s of John and Mary  of Salford labourer
Mary 10 May 1818,
Charles 14 June 1821 .

ps the other couple having children at the same time is James and Sara Barnett .Can't see a baptism or marriage for either.
The parish records are on Ancestry and your local library may have them for free.

Ciderdrinker

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 November 22 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for this, ciderdrinker, it is very helpful. I’ll check out the records on Ancestry. (Mary baptised 1818 is their child I’m descended from, and mother Mary was with her in the 1841 Census.)
ESSEX: Cramphorn Raven Sams Sayers Taylor; GLOS: Beacham/Beauchamp; HERTS: Chamberlain Chuck; LEICS: Allot Bentley Godfrey Greasley Hunt Hurst Jarvis Lane Lea Light Woodward; LINCS: Lambert Mitchell Muse ; STAFFS: Hodgkins Jarvis; SURREY: Light; WARKS: Astley/Chesshire Bradbury Hicken/Hickin Hudson; WORCS: Ballinger Beauchamp Laight