Author Topic: robert boyte boyd  (Read 1780 times)

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: robert boyte boyd
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 23 November 22 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Burial of Benjamin Boyte 13 Oct 1807 Okeford Fitzpaine.

Burial of Benjamin Boyte 5 Dec 1765 Okeford Fitzpaine.

There is a tree on familysearch.org, which takes this Boyte family back another generation to Robert Boyte and MAry Gatler, married 23 Aug 1695 at Okeford Fitzpaine.  (follow the little 'man' icon from the burial of the 1807 burial).

They have not found a marriage for Benjamin and Eleanor - nor could I. And they have not followed your Robert's line, so no more information about him on this tree.
They have followed the line through the daughter Eleanor born 1757, who married a William Ridout in 1777 in Bristol.

Yes this tree shows Daved born 1675 as the brother of Benjamin born 1696 curtainhooks, but as you say, that's a lot of years between them.
The parish register may well be in a  pretty bad state by this date of course, with pages missing, torn or unreadable, so it's very difficult to say.
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 November 22 21:46 GMT (UK) »

The tree also had this picture of a ship on it, wondering if it is of the one Robert went on which you might like to see:

file:///home/chronos/u-43a24fe86535bb9e1bb09332cbb5592a03888d3b/MyFiles/Downloads/Screenshot%202022-11-23%2020.49.14.png
(does this link work for you?)

No, the link does NOT work.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 23 November 22 22:09 GMT (UK) »
There's a document at Dorset archives which mentions Robert Boyte of Okeford Fitzpaine, dated 8 Feb 1697. It's a marriage settlement for his daughter Mary to a Henry Cooper.
Robert Fitzpaine is a given as a 'clothier'.

https://archive-catalogue.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/records/D-FRY/168

Always interesting to see what you ancestors' occupations were.
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs

Offline Izzycat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 11 May 24 07:45 BST (UK) »
I have been researching this tree as part of my Boyt One Name Study. Benjamin Boyte born 1696 is the son of Robert Boyte and his second wife Mary Gatler. Robert's first wife was also a Mary but I have yet not found a marriage so do not know her surname. Robert had 4 children with his first wife, Robert born 1663, Benjamin 1669 -  1680, David born 1675 and Mary born 1672. Robert leaves a will which mentions his older children leaving them all 1 shilling and all of his estate to his younger son, Benjamin.
I have 3 wills for various members of this tree and am in the process of sorting who is who in this tree. The family are involved in the cloth trade and trading in London although they had property in Dorset.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 11 May 24 08:28 BST (UK) »
Hello, I found a family tree on MyHeritage that I think could be your family.
This is the information it had:
Robert Boyte: 10 March 1752
Married in London to Sarah/Sara Redford
Died in Quebec, Canada 21st December 1799, buried 2 days later.

According to this family tree Robert Boyte's children were: Benjamin Boyte, Helen Boyte, Andrew Boyte, Marguerite Boyce and Jaques Boyte.

Robert Boyte's parents: Benjamin Boyte (1730-1807) and Eleanor.

Robert Boyte's siblings: Mary Boyte, Eleanor Boyte, John Boyte, Benjamin Boyte, Elizabeth Boyte

SARAH REDFORD:
this is what the family tree had for Sarah Redford
born: 1760?
Died: March 13 1835, Quebec, Canada

I hope this is your family and helps you  :)
I know all trees are not correct - but this tree has Benjamin Boyte born Lake Champlain,Illinois ,USA 1780
if it is correct , obviously Robert and Sarah at one time were in the USA ???

https://en.geneanet.org/fonds/individus/?exact_day=&exact_month=&exact_year=&ignore_each_patronyme=&ignore_each_prenom=&size=10&type_periode=between&sexe=&nom=boyte&ignore_each_patronyme=&prenom=benjamin&prenom_operateur=or&ignore_each_prenom=&place__0__=&zonegeo__0__=Canada&country__0__=CAN&region__0__=&subregion__0__=&place__1__=&zonegeo__1__=&country__1__=&region__1__=&subregion__1__=&place__2__=&zonegeo__2__=&country__2__=&region__2__=&subregion__2__=&place__3__=&zonegeo__3__=&country__3__=&region__3__=&subregion__3__=&place__4__=&zonegeo__4__=&country__4__=&region__4__=&subregion__4__=&type_periode=between&from=&to=&exact_month=&exact_day=&exact_year=&go=1
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford