Author Topic: Gilmores (and Wilsons) in Ballyagan (near Garvagh)  (Read 1866 times)

Offline LindeL

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gilmores (and Wilsons) in Ballyagan (near Garvagh)
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 December 23 15:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone, especially Ballyagan and Aghadowey
Thank you all for posting such interesting material. Yes I think my link to Wilsons must go back at least one generation further than that you start from. However I may as well admit that I am completely confused by the intermarriages between all these families, everyone married everyone else in the area. Woodburns, Gilmours, Dunlaps, Smyths, Torrenses, Wallaces, Browns; just awfully intermarried and I can't think in four dimensions. I am in touch with a couple of people who are working on the Browns of Trinaltinagh, whence the Rev. John Brown of Aghadowey, so if Ballyagan would like to write to me privately , I can share their contact details. I have over many years been in touch with various Wilson and Woodburn and Huston descendants so I have gathered up a pile of information on descendants worldwide but I am very sorry to say I have only barely started to transfer hard copy notes to the computer, so my material on them all isn't particularly accessible.
I don't think DNA is going to help; as I say, everyone is related many different ways, so DNA will just tell us that and show myriads of small amounts shared ad nauseam. Sorry not to be more helpful but there is no point in pretending! I'll be glad to be kept in the loop on any of these families, maybe someday things will click