Author Topic: Re: So disappointed in RootsChat - What rubbish !!!!  (Read 9067 times)

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: So disappointed in RootsChat - What rubbish !!!!
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 26 November 22 22:00 GMT (UK) »
Thank goodness that was a malicious rumour.
Rootschat is like a second home, so thankyou to Trystan & Sarah for setting it up in the first place.
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Biggles50

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 26 November 22 22:10 GMT (UK) »
Missed that post.

Another Troll?

The web is full of misguided idiots who for some reason like to wind others up.

I hope the individuals concerned have all their fingers and toes, then with a prevailing wind and plenty of effort then can at least count up to twenty.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 27 November 22 01:43 GMT (UK) »
Like others I read the post yesterday but mostly ignored it as my experience of RootsChat has only ever been positive.

Thank you so very much to Sarah and Trystan, I can't imagine how much work is involved in running a site like this, but I am so grateful!

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 27 November 22 03:17 GMT (UK) »
Missed that post.

Another Troll?

The web is full of misguided idiots who for some reason like to wind others up.

I hope the individuals concerned have all their fingers and toes, then with a prevailing wind and plenty of effort then can at least count up to twenty.

I too missed that post, so have no idea what was said.

Regarding the fingers and toes of those who do such mischief, I would be looking for the devices to "tie" them together.

Just keep up the good work Sarah and Trystan

Offline Jackiemh

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 27 November 22 04:27 GMT (UK) »
Glad to hear that this site is not closing.
Rootschat is part of my daily routine and rootschatters have helped me in various ways - by solving a couple of queries; advising on where to look for information; even with a bit of light-hearted relief.
So, thank you for all the work done behind the scenes in maintaining such a site. Long may it continue.
Jackie
Bateman, Baylis, Bellotti, Boag, Bower (Stillgebauer), Cattermole, Chester, Dullage, Felix, French, Fursse, Garrett, Gilbert, Harding, Haynes, Hazelwood, Plume, Putland, Rudge, Strickson, Vine, Warren, Whitehead, Whitehorn, Wiltshire, Youthed and many more

Offline Chris Doran

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 27 November 22 06:43 GMT (UK) »
I don't think it was mischief; at least not by the person who started the now deleted thread. She panicked and misinterpreted things that appeared when RootsChat postings were viewed by herself and maybe a few others, but not everybody. The same "things" appeared to one user of Find A Grave a few weeks back. I don't know if or how it was resolved.

I hope you like my obfuscation. I'm currently reading local newspaper reports of WW2 bombings where details were likewise withheld.
Researching Penge, Anerley, (incuding the Crystal Palace) and neighbouring parts of Beckenham, currently in London (Bromley), formerly Surrey and/or Kent.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 27 November 22 07:58 GMT (UK) »
I saw the post and mostly did not believe the insinuation that RootsChat is going to end. 
Sarah, I am so happy to read your confirming post that this is 'rubbish' and that you both have no plans to end this. I knew you would respond.
I thank you so much for all you both do to keep RootsChat going.  It almost goes without saying that this means such a lot to us all; it is so much more than a genealogy site - it feels like a community. 
I have been on here since 2016 and the only thing that disappoints me is that I didn't find out about it sooner.
Long may RootsChat continue! :D
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 27 November 22 08:44 GMT (UK) »
I didn't see the post which caused consternation, but I want to add my thanks, and "positive strokes"   for Sarah and Trystan.
Roots Chat has been such a tremendous help to me in so many areas, and sometimes I even get the joy of giving back. :D
The community value of threads such as the the Diary, or the Photos, Tea and Chatter, is immense and the gift of time and breadth of knowledge shared so freely is immenser!!! ;D
Long may this  marvellous resource continue.

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline JustinL

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 27 November 22 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Sarah and Trystan,

I heartily second all the above expressions of gratitude, support and encouragement. What you have created is unique, absolutely incomparable. It has helped me through some bleak times in the past.

Long, long may it last.

Justin