Author Topic: Help with info on unknown loudoun family  (Read 10881 times)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with info on unknown loudoun family
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 06 December 22 14:44 GMT (UK) »
I have not found anyone named Gerat Rademaker or Rademacher.  I think the first name was probably Gerhard.

Thank you, Erato . I've not been able to find a Gerat Rademaker or Rademacher either. It is very possible the name (names) have been spelt wrong - the person who wrote on the card could have been unfamiliar with the correct spellings.

Looby :)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 06 December 22 14:56 GMT (UK) »
I'm a bit obsessed with these photos too, Lisa. I would love to be able to identify the veteran.

The girls do look similar - 1915 is maybe a lit earlier than I thought - but I'm no expert on dating photos.

I hadn't considered the house could be home to three different families. Thanks for drawing my attention to the three doors. Because of how the names were written on the reverse of the group photo- I am assuming the younger man is Gerat Radebaker, the older couple are Mr & Mrs Jones, and the woman far right is Mrs Huff. I have attached the reverse of the card to show you. The names are written  directly behind the image they relate to (I think)

Offline Mark_Diamond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 06 December 22 15:07 GMT (UK) »
A couple of quick clean ups
Brogan
Cassells
Diamond
Gillespie
Lennon
McConnell
McGowan
Prunty

Offline Mark_Diamond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 06 December 22 15:07 GMT (UK) »
pt2
Brogan
Cassells
Diamond
Gillespie
Lennon
McConnell
McGowan
Prunty

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 06 December 22 15:12 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Mark Diamond, these are lovely, he looks so much more alive with a touch of colour.

You might be a person who could answer this question - is it possible someone could enhance the medals so that more detail can be seen? Or would the detail be pixelated?

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 06 December 22 15:16 GMT (UK) »
For those who might be interested.
Here is a picture of the album and a glimpse at one of the pages inside.

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 06 December 22 16:12 GMT (UK) »
I'm a bit obsessed with these photos too, Lisa. I would love to be able to identify the veteran.

The girls do look similar - 1915 is maybe a lit earlier than I thought - but I'm no expert on dating photos.

I hadn't considered the house could be home to three different families. Thanks for drawing my attention to the three doors. Because of how the names were written on the reverse of the group photo- I am assuming the younger man is Gerat Radebaker, the older couple are Mr & Mrs Jones, and the woman far right is Mrs Huff. I have attached the reverse of the card to show you. The names are written  directly behind the image they relate to (I think)

I’m not obsessed with the photo, just the GAR reference.  ;D Can’t seem to focus on more helpful suggestions.  ;)

I agree, the names appear to be above the individuals.

Is there any chance the little girl (standing next to the little boy) in the photo you just posted is the same girl who is in the original photo?  Could the little boy also be the same?  The girl appears to be slightly taller in the first photo but it looks like the ground is sloped in the last photo which would account for the height difference.  Could the couple behind the little girl also be from the first photo?

Very nice work by the folks who have cleaned up the photos (earlier and now). As always, the results are amazing.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 06 December 22 16:17 GMT (UK) »
"three different families"

Maybe Rademaker, Jones and Huff?  Rademaker appears to be in his 40s? and there is no Mrs. Rademaker in the photos so maybe he was single.  If we could find a suitable Rademaker in the 1910 census with neighbors named Jones and Huff we could solve it.
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline Mark_Diamond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 06 December 22 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Not a problem.

Pixellation is an issue, so an option could possibly be to fo a high res scan on the medal area.

Thank you Mark Diamond, these are lovely, he looks so much more alive with a touch of colour.

You might be a person who could answer this question - is it possible someone could enhance the medals so that more detail can be seen? Or would the detail be pixelated?

Brogan
Cassells
Diamond
Gillespie
Lennon
McConnell
McGowan
Prunty